POSITION SUMMARY: As the Senior Vice President, Learning & Development you will be responsible for leading the planning and day-to-day efforts of the Learning & Development group within United Way Worldwide’s Learning & Development team. This work will include developing learning strategies and products to close key competency gaps, accelerate performance, support large scale change efforts, and provide business leadership. This role will leverage instructional design methodologies to design and deliver L&D curricula including blended, virtual and instructor led, that are aligned with the United Way Enterprise-wide strategy, while ensuring the successful marketing and sales of these products to meet or beat budgeted revenue/expense targets.
As the SVP, you will:
- Both lead and/contribute to the building and bolstering of learning infrastructure (LMS, etc.); the innovation of new approaches to staff development; the design and development of learning products and services;
- Provide team based project management, ongoing project oversight, staff coordination, and management of all Learning & Development team workflows; and
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders and experts (both internal and external) to understand their goals and needs, gain buy in to proposed initiatives and drive initiative success.
- Serve as part of the leadership for the Learning & Conferencing team
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Direct the staff and provide robust project management discipline to the workflows and projects associated with the design, development, sale, and delivery of L&D products and services.
- Oversee the development and implementation of formal and informal learning strategies & products to address performance needs including blended learning, coaching, instructor led courses, distance learning and online learning, peer-learning processes, and conference content. May include facilitation of learning programs and events.
- Leverage national and global conferences as platforms for learning, networking, and knowledge exchange
- Develop strategies and processes, both in-house and with expert third parties that leverage technology to ensure that programs are innovative and effective and build capacity across the Network.
- Grow revenue for United Way Worldwide through the sale and/or funding of UWW learning/conference products and services.
- Conduct needs analyses and identify outcomes of learning solutions to ensure impact of Learning Solutions (ROI), evaluating success of learning solutions using Kirkpatrick’s level 1-4 metrics.
- Engage with the field to build relationships, develop a robust understanding of customer needs and develop approaches to close prioritized needs. This will include overseeing learning advisory committee(s) and field ambassador program, etc.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with partners in the development and delivery of learning
- Continually evaluate processes, programs and learning methodologies for opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of development and delivery to improve learning outcomes.
- Determine changes and enhancements to current curriculum; incorporating build or buy options.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least eight to ten years of progressive experience in a similar role, Masters degree strongly preferred.
Strong project management skills for team based projects. Proven experience planning and leveraging current and emerging technologies for learning, including Learning Management Systems. Strong background in adult learning, organization development, and/or knowledge management. Aptitude for, sensitivity to, and experience working with and relating to global stakeholder groups preferred. Ability to interact with all levels of staff. Attention to detail and excellent organization skills. Excellent written and verbal English communication required; multi-linguist preferred. P&L management experience preferred.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Lee.Hunter@uww.unitedway.org or call 571.360.6341 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.