Mission: Heart of Florida United Way (HFUW) fights for the education, health and financial stability of every person in Central Florida. Founded in 1939, HFUW has long been recognized as one of Central Florida’s largest investors in local health and human service initiatives. With funds raised through annual campaigns, special events and program grants, HFUW invests in programs to address the most critical issues impacting families and individuals in the counties of Orange, Osceola, and Seminole, aligning with the HFUW strategic plan goals.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This senior management role provides critical strategic leadership by developing, executing, and managing organization-wide human resource initiatives in the areas of workforce planning, talent management, performance management, training and development, employee relations and engagement, compensation and benefits administration, rewards and recognition, change management, and regulatory/legal compliance. This position serves as a primary business partner to provide human resource expertise and leadership to achieve operational excellence. This includes enterprise risk mitigation, organizational culture change initiatives, diversity, equity and inclusion practices, and continuous improvement activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Identify, oversee, and/or support innovative special projects that enhance productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of department and organizational strategies.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to continually define and hone the strategic vision of human resources and bring the vision to life.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to senior leadership team regarding key organizational, management, and human capital issues.
- Develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet human capital needs; further design effective engagement strategies with a focus on high performing, high potential and key experts from the 9-box grid.
- Collaborate with supervisors to determine skills and competencies required for positions and develop and maintain related job description formats and classifications based upon FLSA guidelines.
- Develop format and lead components of organizational new hire orientation efforts.
- Lead succession planning discussions and initiatives across the organization.
- Develop and lead the training and development efforts across the organization, focusing on critical leadership skills and competencies for the future of the organization.
- Ensure development and implementation of comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the organization.
- Conduct periodic reviews on the organization’s compensation structure, salary ranges, and pay equity by position.
- Coach and counsel employees and supervisors as needed to facilitate communication and proactively resolve employee relations matters as guided by the organization’s values, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or legal counsel on challenging or high-risk employee relations issues.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislations to ensure compliance with human resource regulatory/legal requirements and anticipate and resolve litigation risks.
- Develop, maintain and update organizational policies and procedures in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Design, implement and monitor the performance management processes and systems.
- Develop and maintain current standard operating procedures manual for key human resource activities and processes.
- Act as a primary liaison with the Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Manage the process for employee terminations, termination meetings, conduct and share results of all exit interviews; formulate recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain employee recognition program.
- Prepare and benchmark various human resource metrics including diversity, tenure, turnover, and engagement.
- Partner with senior leaders to define and drive workplace culture, and share in the responsibility for organizational performance.
- Lead culture change management and engagement work groups to position organization to become an employer of choice.
- Develop and implement key internally focused diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and practices that are embedded in the employee experience.
- Create, implement and staff programs to enhance engagement, morale or team building.
- Provide advice and management best practices to ensure remote or hybrid business model is effective.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in human resources or related field required.
- SHRM-SCP/SPHR preferred.
- Ten years of progressive experience in the field of human resources including a solid foundation in providing leadership and developing strategy at the senior level.
- Demonstrated success in directing human resource functions including compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, talent management, culture, engagement, and organization-wide processes.
- Previous experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion, organizational training/ development and leadership practices.
- Strategic planning, goal setting, and project management experience desirable.
- Demonstrated success building collaboration within and across teams.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle competing high volume tasks or projects.
- Strong conflict resolution, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.