The Senior Training & Outreach Manager, Center to Combat Human Trafficking & Slavery supports the Director, Center to Combat Human Trafficking & Slavery at United Way Worldwide. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing and implementing training and awareness raising strategies that mobilize the United Way Network and partners to combat human trafficking and slavery.
The Senior Manager is responsible for designing and delivering diverse and robust training programs, tools, and resources to support the United Way Network, and to educate and engage individuals and organizations in their communities to combat human trafficking and slavery. The Senior Manager must be familiar with anti-human trafficking programs for both sex and labor trafficking, and the intersection between trafficking and other social issues.
The Senior Manager works in coordination with other teams across United Way Worldwide and with United Ways across the U.S. and International Network. The position is generally responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within United Way Worldwide’s Impact team, with a focus on human trafficking and slavery. The Senior Manager participates in the development of team action plans, work processes, and systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage United Way Worldwide (UWW) anti-human trafficking training and awareness raising programs. Design and implement year-round training program to educate community leaders and the general public through the United Way network.
- Adapt the United Way anti-trafficking training program for diverse audiences, including local United Ways in the United States, international United Ways and their partners, corporate partners, labor leaders, and others. The Senior Manager is expected to offer anti-trafficking trainings and educational opportunities multiple times a month throughout the year.
- Work with the Center staff to elevate survivor voice and participation in our education and awareness work, including strategies to engage survivor-led organizations.
- Work with the Center staff to develop compelling and comprehensive ways to connect United Way’s anti-trafficking work with related issues, such as race and equity, immigration, labor rights and women’s issues.
- Develop social media and online learning campaigns to educate the United Way network and the public about human trafficking in their communities and how it connects to issues they care about.
- Execute ongoing communications about the Center’s anti-human trafficking work throughout the year, including creation of promotional collateral, brochures, blogs, op-eds, email updates, social media content and donor reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience in the anti-trafficking field; work with survivors or survivor-led organizations desirable.
- Understanding of the anti-trafficking field, including intricacies of both labor and sex trafficking in the U.S. and around the world.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across platforms.
- Comfortable with public speaking, leading trainings, and virtual presentations.
- Excellent writing skills including creation of social media content, blogs, and reports.
- Ability to work with PowerPoint Presentations, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Passion for increasing awareness about the global scourge of human trafficking. Ability to find unique and inspiring ways to connect this issue to other parts of United Way’s work including education, income inequality, health, labor relations, women’s issues, and race, equity and inclusion.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to execute on multiple projects from beginning to end, identifying opportunities to improve processes and/or tools.
- Ability to establish and develop strong relationships with departmental and organizational leaders, and champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning, and improvement.
- Candidates with lived trafficking experience are especially encouraged to apply.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work; seek a stimulating and rewarding career; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our dynamic team and use your talents and ambition to make a difference in the world—help individuals and families achieve their human potential and build stronger communities.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA with local, remote, and international employment opportunities. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. How good? We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including tuition assistance and professional development; dress for your day; free onsite parking and gym; wellness programs; volunteering opportunities and leave; and, paid time off (PTO) and paid leave for religious observance, voting, family sick, medical appointment, and, parental/adoption. Additionally, we offer access to comprehensive health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program (EAP); and, a 403(b) plan—it’s a long list. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Team—apply now.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.