The individual in this role reports to the Associate Vice President of Community Development, primarily assisting with the coordination, facilitation and development of the ELDER Alliance and its initiatives. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Alliance including management of partner agreements and reporting, meeting planning and facilitation, grant writing and interdepartmental interactions. The person in this position will play a key role in creating equitable, systemic change for the benefit of older adult residents with the greatest social and economic needs in Southern Arizona. A successful candidate should demonstrate outstanding communication, project management, and organizational skills. This is a grant funded position.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to and working directly with the Associate Vice President of Financial Wellness.All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
United Way offers competitive wages and a generous benefits packet with employer contributions for full time employees including medical, dental, 401K, HRA, PTO, 11 paid holidays, and opportunities for educational and professional development. For more information about our organization, see www.unitedwaytucson.org.
SALARY; $40,000 - $45,000
Management and Administration
- Collaborate with the core team to plan, facilitate, and track deliverables related to the ELDER Alliance meetings.
- Administer partner agreements and contracts, and ensure completion of timely reports, invoices, and work products.
- Manage data, including maintenance of reporting metrics, tracking logs, and data dashboard.
- Participate in identification of grant opportunities, grant writing, submission and reporting in collaboration with Associate VP and Healthy Seniors Team.
- Cultivate relationships with public and private groups, organizations, and entities.
- Recruit and orient members to coalitions and committees who have expertise in target areas.
- Coordinate alliance meetings and prepare, assemble, and distribute meeting agendas, reminders and minutes.
- Attend and represent ELDER Alliance at partnership, Action Team and community meetings, defining and communicating the mission, vision and objectives.
Resource Development and Marketing
- Work with Associate VP and Communications and Engagement to develop appropriate marketing and public relations materials related to the partnership and its initiatives.
- Create content and support communications efforts, including the monthly newsletter, social media, website pages, and email distributions.
- Monitor social media and thought leadership websites for news, research, and resources relating to older adult issues.
- Work with IT to maintain SharePoint and Teams sites and electronic file system.
- Maintain ELDER Alliance calendar and assist with scheduling, meeting coordination, attendance tracking.
- Maintain contact lists and ELDER Alliance resources.
- Assist the Healthy Communities Team in other activities as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health sciences, social sciences, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Experience and knowledge regarding meeting facilitation, project management, data collection and management.
- Enjoys team-based work and projects.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Strong computer software skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, forms; Microsoft Office Suite experience helpful; comfort with social media and other apps beneficial.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, occasionally under time constraints.
- Ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner with diverse populations and ability to research, develop and evaluate culturally relevant material.
- Customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, team building, time management and motivational skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing demands.
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout Pima County whenever required.
- Must have valid AZ Driver’s License and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. when necessary.
The United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon hire and/or prior to starting employment with us, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of COVID vaccination or provide proof of eligibility for medical exemption.