March 3, 2020
Job Announcement – Senior Principal Gifts Manager
United Way of King County’s mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, and, accountability.
We are currently seeking a Senior Principal Gifts Manager to join the Development Team. This position is responsible for cultivating and growing relationships with current and prospective major gift donors and soliciting gifts of $25,000 or more. The Senior Principal Gifts Manager works strategically with staff and high-level volunteers to engage and introduce donors to United Way and its work, and facilitate peer-to-peer asks. Passion for United Way's mission and an emphasis on customer service are critical to the success of the Senior Principal Gifts Manager.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
The annual salary range is $82,500 – 87,500 – DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, cultivates and grows major donor, prospect and high-level volunteer relationships within the assigned portfolio. (Average portfolio size of donors and prospects = 100-120)
- Leads a significant Major Gifts area of programming such as direct a stewardship program, leads the major gifts ambassador program, including volunteer committee or leads a special campaign.
- Builds relationships, supports and recruits high-level volunteer ambassadors to engage others and solicit gifts on behalf of United Way in order to meet fundraising goals.
- Meets monthly sales call and Ambassador Call goals.
- Works closely with United Way Individual Giving and Corporate and Foundations staff to maximize relationships with individuals in order to further cultivate major donors and prospects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the field of non-profit management and/or fundraising.
- At least seven years' or equivalent combination of education and experience in fundraising and three or more in dedicated major gifts fundraising as a primary area of focus. Proven solicitation experience of gifts $25,000 and higher; experience closing 6-7 figure gifts and multi-year gifts. Demonstrated high-level volunteer management experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in major gift fundraising and in volunteer management
- Strong analytical skills to analyze donor information, plan, set goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Demonstrated relationship building and collaboration skills to effectively relate to a diverse audience
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Donor focused - establishes, cultivates, and stewards strong relationships to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with United Way
- Effective planning and implementing skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize activities and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising techniques, consultative selling approach, major gift cultivation/solicitation
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor data base knowledge
- Ability to exercise good judgment with sensitive, confidential information.
This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as deemed necessary by the UWKC. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by the UWKC.