The Community Development Marketing Senior Manager is a shared position between the Arizona End of Life Care Partnership and the Cradle to Career Partnership at United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, this position is responsible for developing and implementing expert strategies and communications that result in increased community awareness of identified community development programs. A key role of this position is to design and execute effective promotional materials, marketing plans, and strategic campaigns. In addition, the Community Development Marketing Senior Manager assists in implementing and tracking marketing strategies, works with staff to develop effective communications and promotional materials, and executes digital and social marketing initiatives that enhance the local brand. This person will create informational graphic materials that are accessible to all audiences and that clearly and accurately represent purpose and impact of each partnership. The Community Development Marketing Senior Manager should demonstrate outstanding communication and organizational skills as well as a high level of emotional intelligence and strategic thinking. Consideration will be given for a full-time exempt position. Rather than a staff position, this could be a consulting opportunity, dependent upon the candidate.
SALARY - $45,000 to $50,000 DOE
This is a grant funded position.
Marketing Materials and Strategies
- Create promotional materials and support the partnerships with graphic design needs.
- Work with the Arizona End of Life Care Partnership and Cradle to Career Partnership teams to strategize and develop marketing plans and materials for upcoming program events and campaigns.
- Assist in managing the use of the United Way logo, the Arizona End of Life Care Partnership logo, and Cradle to Career Partnership logo, and brand identification and other trademarked/copyrighted materials, ensuring consistent, appropriate usage throughout the organization on all materials.
- Assist in managing quality control of all partnership marketing and collateral materials, such as video production, annual report, pledge cards, brochures, etc.
- Assist with creation and distribution of online bulletins and newsletters
- Obtain and update logos for use on website and printed material.
- Copywriting and editing, as needed.
Donor/Targeted Audience Relations
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and leadership of the two partnerships to develop marketing solutions and materials that drive fundraising and increase community awareness.
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and individual partnership teams to create direct mail, email strategies, and campaigns.
- Cultivate targeted communications to donors, stakeholders, and partners.
- Assist in generating year-round, substantive publicity and media attention to support individual partnership marketing strategies throughout the year.
- Adhere to specific scripting guidelines for each partnership.
- Assist Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and individual partnership teams in cultivating relationships with volunteers, vendors, and advertising firms to leverage advertising budget to extend the reach of programs to targeted audiences.
- Design strategic materials and/or communicate clear direction to hired vendors.
- Manage and grow social media accounts with intentional and effective messaging.
- Assist Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and leadership of both partnerships in managing digital advertising and online organic visibility.
- Work with contracted website design consultants to update websites, as needed.
- Execute day-to-day website content and calendar modifications using the NationBuilder platform.
- Assist Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and leadership of both partnerships in distributing news, press releases, and article pitches to all media.
- Maintain and update media lists to promote access to various audiences.
- Assist in scheduling appearances with appropriate venues to promote the missions of both partnerships.
- Assist with print media to promote the individual partnership missions.
- Assist in managing public responses and reputation.
- Assist with event planning, set-up, and breakdown, as needed.
- Perform duties in accordance with United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona policies and procedures, including attending staff meetings and conferences, completing accurate and timely timesheets, and expense reports.
- Manage horizontal priorities in a fast-paced environment, lead project planning, organization, monitoring and implementation, and motivate programs toward project objectives.
- Submit budgets, as appropriate.
Other Duties as Assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, public relations, journalism or related field and five years of experience or the equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Proficient in current programs relevant to marketing including, but not limited to, Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Website editing platforms etc.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written documents with accurate grammar, spelling, and election/organization of appropriate presentation method/vehicle.
- Experience with developing and managing various social media outlets and ability to stay current in this area.
- Ability to self-manage and motivate.
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, maintain confidentiality, and respect and observe organizational protocols while maintaining professionalism.
- Creative-thinker who enjoys open exchange of ideas, brainstorming, and variety.
- Ability to learn and update website CMS platform, NationBuilder.
- Ability to be flexible as job requires shifting between two distinct partnerships anchored at United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, time management, research, information management, and higher level organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills using Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and graphics software, to generate meaningful and comprehensive documents, materials and presentations.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing activities.
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the metropolitan Tucson area.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle and able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain these files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grantee information and other business-related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in a loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.