United Way of Miami Dade is looking for a Senior Manager of United Way Center for Financial Stability to manage the financial coaching function of the United Way Center for Financial Stability and its integration into other United Way and community initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in providing financial counseling in the social services arena with at least one year of supervisory experience.
· Effectively manage United Way Center for Financial Stability financial coach staff team
· Liaison with community partners including the United Way Center for Financial Stability at Branches staff to ensure coordination of services
· Manage implementation and integration of strategic initiatives, under the direction of the Director
· Create and conduct trainings and workshops for staff as needed
· Manage and coordinate community outreach and staffing of events for the United Way Center for Financial Stability
· Provide direct financial coaching as needed
· Contribute to the development and implementation of a results-based, goal-driven roadmap to achievement of positive financial stability outcomes in Miami-Dade County; includes research and community engagement, explore and secure partnerships with other community organizations.
· Manage partnerships including conducting site visits, reviewing and recording progress and data, preparing reports and promotional materials, and lending technical assistance.
· Promote United Way Center for Financial Stability to the Miami-Dade community, local businesses, the social service community and other key groups
· Represent United Way at various community meetings, conferences, committees; attend and participate in UW special events to support our fundraising efforts.
· Responsible for the supervision of subordinate employees which includes training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining and directing tasks. Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate, or terminate subordinate employees or recommend such actions.
Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
Three to five years’ experience in financial stability or non-profit/social services arena. Supervision of staff experience.
Strong oral and written communication skills, customer relations skills, creative problem-solving skills, good judgment, ability to understand budgets, basic math skills, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Knowledge of social service issues, social service delivery, case management, and needs of low to moderate income populations. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite.
Starting salary: $50,000 - $55,000