United Way of Greater Cincinnati has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Success By 6 that will directly support Success by 6® strategies across Greater Cincinnati so that it can continue to be the regional backbone organization for kindergarten readiness - including: building and maintaining community relationships, supporting collaborative efforts with practitioners, leaders and families aimed to support young children, providing capacity building across the ecosystem of support to young children and families, and operational management of other projects working to achieve sustainable outcomes on behalf of children.
For more than 20 years, United Way’s Success by 6® has championed a movement of supporters, families and community partners invested in the quality of early education and care for the youngest in our community. With a goal of ensuring that children ages 0-6 are healthy and ready to succeed by the time they start kindergarten, Success by 6® is helping to establish the foundations needed for success later in life as part of United Way’s goal to improve economic mobility and well-being in Greater Cincinnati.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Leadership and Project Management:
Provide strategic leadership in creating and implementing a new strategic plan to guide Success by 6® impact efforts for the next 3-5 years. Project manage key impact efforts and projects, including:
- Oversee all efforts to identify community outcomes and measurements in support of vision that by age 6 all children in our region are optimally safe, healthy and prepared for kindergarten.
- Ensure collaboration with leaders, practitioners, students, families and communities across the ecosystem to continually assess its capacity to drive impact for children birth to 6.
- Design and coordinate capacity building and education efforts as necessary to support the regional ecosystem that supports young children and their families.
- Ensure management of all Success by 6® volunteer and staff resources.
- Establish and maintain communication link with service providers related to Success By 6 progress and developments.
- Lead project management for all signature efforts and serve as an active partner/ member in other community efforts supported by Success by 6®.
Community Engagement and Partnerships:
- Provide leadership to ensure that Success by 6® is aware of all critical community partners and efforts aligned to the goals of Success by 6®.
- Engage community partners and community members to regularly gather input and understand needs and assets across the region.
- Convene regional partners on a regular basis to share updates, support cross-regional and partner learning, and track early education resources and needs, and identify ways to collaborate.
- Represent Success by 6® on key external committees where the work aligns.
Thought Leadership and Advocacy:
Stay up to date on all relevant research and best practices in the early education and care field. Serve as the content expert for early education and care on United Way’s Impact team.
- Support early learning advocacy and community awareness efforts in close partnership with community partners and United Way’s director of Public Policy and Advocacy.
Management, Operations, and Internal Collaboration:
Manage other team member(s) on the team to ensure strong and timely implementation of all projects. Coach and develop staff as needed.
- Support the management of all financial budgets for projects and annual operations.
- Work closely with area center directors and other internal staff to coordinate Success by 6® efforts across the region and leverage internal expertise as needed (marketing, finance, IT, etc.).
- Support all grant writing, reporting and corporate engagement around early education and care / Success by 6®.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in the area of early childhood education, sociology, education or related field; Master’s degree is desirable.
- A minimum of eight years’ work experience in human service or education field with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills required.
- Candidate must possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
COMPENTENCIES: Accountability, Organizational Leadership, Time/Project Management, Written and Oral Communication/Interpersonal Skills, Facilitation, Strategic Planning, Integration and People Management, Problem Solving.
Applicants should apply by Monday, Auguste 29, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion