Organization: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Senior Manager Special Events
Supervisor: SVP, Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
UWM’s Mission: To UNITE our community’s CARING SPIRIT to build a STRONGER tomorrow.
UWM Guiding Principles:
- Build TRUST in everything we do
- Extend GRACE by thinking beyond yourself
- Show GRIT by bringing it every day
- Be OPEN to embrace others’ differences
- Actively ENGAGE by listening and sharing
- Live CURIOUSLY to learn constantly
As an organization that has been around for nearly 100 years, United Way of the Midlands (UWM) has served the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro by bridging the business and not-for-profit sectors to create a Circle of Support that helps our neighbors overcome difficult challenges and start building a better future. UWM’s funded programs and direct services address social and economic disparities and meet families’ essential needs such as healthy food, safe and stable housing, physical and mental health services, career preparation and job training. We are also diligently working to learn more about the experiences of different communities and to strive for inclusivity and equity so individuals and families can lead the best lives possible.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Senior Manager, Special Events with a "can-do" attitude to assist our organization in hosting events that enhance our organization's image, and improve donor relations. The Senior Manager, Special Events will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events' calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying organizational visibility, and enhancing donor and employee relations. The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning and execution of all event logistics, including but not limited to: event strategy, planning, budgets, communications, production, site visits, venue and vendor management, staffing, production, analysis and reporting, and flawless execution day of event.
- Coordinates with other UWM teams and local vendors, to plan and implement UWM events efficiently and to achieve the goals of the event.
- Administers all production processes and monitors all projects from conceptualization to implementation and manages all production budgets for various events.
- Performs research to select appropriate venue for events and identifies appropriate target audience for all processes.
- Builds strong relationships with vendors and host sites.
- Trains and educates staff on proper event procedures.
- Develops and updates marketing plans and special events calendar, with short- and long-range goals.
- Creates and manages accurate records of event sponsorship, participation and attendance.
- Implements process improvements in order to streamline administrative and event operations.
- Composes and/or types donor/sponsor correspondence on an ongoing basis including drafting and processing sponsorship thank you letters, etc.
- Partners with the Graphic Designer and Senior Manager, Communications on print and digital marketing materials.
- Partners with the Digital Marketing Manager on website updates and strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event.
- Project management experience.
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy.
- Sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship.
- Experience with Wordpress and marketing automation preferred.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Driving is an essential function of this position.
- Must demonstrate UWM’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Must be a great teammate that cares deeply about the overall success of UWM.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Shared health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria and gym
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to resume@UWMidlands.org
United Way of the Midlands is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.