United Way of Miami Dade is looking for a Senior Manager of Social Media to design and implement a social medial campaign with written and visual content to foster community participation and engagement. Responsible to utilize social media to advance United Way’s brand, broaden awareness of its programs and initiatives, assist tell the United Way story, leverage relationships with supporters and increase visibility for its affinity groups and special events.
The ideal candidate must have in depth knowledge of social media. Knowledge of photography and/or videography and video editing. Ability to work well with a diverse population, as well as the ability to engage in public speaking.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Ability to write copy and create images, which are both engaging and thought-provoking for social media and blog.
- Create a monthly calendar of posts, curate the material and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor all social sites to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the organization. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns to increase followers and foster engagement.
- Demonstrate ability to map and drive a social media plan, proven by testing and metrics.
- Help set realistic goals for each social media site.
- Compile report for management showing results every two weeks.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the overall social media plan.
- Monitor best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Be an active participant in many events and meetings to take quotes, photos and videos that can be promptly shared on social media.
- Become an advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and ansering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Establish relationships with influencer networks and with Corporate Partners to boost efforts and new platforms/communities. Establish cross promotions etc…
- Help drive traffic to website. Encourage people to give, volunteer, advocate.
Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; effective organization, time management, and leadership skills. Working knowledge of principles of SEO. Strong customer service skills required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Advanced social media platforms, Excel and Outlook. Functional knowledge with WordPress and Photoshop.