The Senior Manager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud will lead, design, and build the next generation digital engagement platform for United Way Worldwide. The Senior Manager is the primary administrator of our Salesforce Marketing Cloud to apply best practices for managing the platform and provide direction so that Local United Ways can leverage all of its marketing capabilities. The Senior Manager will work with the Digital Services team to manage the Salesforce Marketing Cloud roadmap and be the subject matter expert for Local United Way staff members using the platform. They will work closely with other team members to create reporting dashboards and analysis that will help drive the overall email and SMS strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Work closely across the Digital Services’ team to provide input on best practices for digital customer engagement.
- Serve as the administrator for the enterprise-wide Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Develop documentation and road maps for Salesforce Marketing Cloud features and enhancements.
- Establish best practices for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud operations.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email and SMS.
- Provide reporting and metrics related to all activity within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including actionable recommendations to deliver continuous improvements on performance.
- Leverage marketing technology to automate campaigns where possible while applying customization and personalization.
- Lead training opportunities for Local United Way staff members to become fully proficient in the use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in marketing, analytics or statistics, communications, or related field.
- Talented and driven marketer; experienced in driving successful digital campaigns; blends expert email copywriting with an analytical mind and email industry skill and insight.
- Strong digital marketing background; has successfully developed, maintained, and optimized email campaigns.
- Five years of related digital marketing experience in B2C or B2B2C brands; previous experience working with a premium positioned brand and understanding tactics that can both build and potentially erode brand equity a plus.
- Proven track record in digital marketing including email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Ability to translate complex and varied inputs including digital behavioral data and analytics, market research, industry and competitive trends and more, into a clear, cohesive narrative that leads to actionable strategies.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative.
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management, and analytical skills.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud expertise.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics; ability to generate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and AMPscript a plus.
- Utilization of digital and social technologies.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.