Organization: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Senior Manager, NE 211 Helpline
Supervisor: Sr. Director, NE 211 Helpline
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
UWM’s Mission: To UNITE our community’s CARING SPIRIT to build a STRONGER tomorrow.
UWM Guiding Principles:
- Build TRUST in everything we do
- Extend GRACE by thinking beyond yourself
- Show GRIT by bringing it every day
- Be OPEN to embrace others’ differences
- Actively ENGAGE by listening and sharing
- Live CURIOUSLY to learn constantly
As an organization that has been around for nearly 100 years, United Way of the Midlands (UWM) has served the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro by bridging the business and not-for-profit sectors to create a Circle of Support that helps our neighbors overcome difficult challenges and start building a better future. UWM’s funded programs and direct services address social and economic disparities and meet families’ essential needs such as healthy food, safe and stable housing, physical and mental health services, career preparation and job training. We are also diligently working to learn more about the experiences of different communities and to strive for inclusivity and equity so individuals and families can lead the best lives possible.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Manager, NE 211 Helpline who can lead our specialists to better performance and improve service quality in our 24/7 helpline. The Sr. Manager will assist in establishing call center objectives, provide specialists with opportunities to expand their knowledge of services, products, and troubleshooting techniques, analyze call center data, and focus on improving performance and processes in an effort to better support members of our community. You should have exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, as well as comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies and offerings.
To be a successful Senior Manager, NE 211 Helpline, you should be focused on improving your team of specialists and call center practices. You should be observant and detail-oriented and possess an understanding of the organization, services, and the issues specialists are facing on the floor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, and prepares call center specialists to understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Conducts performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitors and evaluates agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Pulls data and reports, analyze data, recognize trends on various call center metrics, and create action plans accordingly.
- Answers Specialist questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifies operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Mentors Community Resource Specialists to build a positive culture and environment
- Fosters a positive working environment, focusing on teamwork
- Efficiently and appropriately delegates tasks
- Follows up with staff to ensure all work, projects, tasks, etc. are completed in an acceptable and timely manner.
- Creates and updates 211 team schedules
- Attends agency meetings to ascertain new or changing events or programs in the community. Networks with others.
- Provides assistance in administering and implementing various community programs.
- Regular communicates with the Sr. Director, NE 211 Helpline, Database Manager, and Training and Quality Manager
- Stays informed and up to date on CRS standards and industry knowledge
- Provides leadership to all CRS team members on all shifts.
Oversees a team of Community Resource professionals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding communication and supervising abilities
- A results-oriented approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide range of people from all economic, race, age, ethnic, religions, social groups, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations while maintaining a high standard of quality and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively within own department as well as with other departments within the organization and externally in the community
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, supervisory and organization skills
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and capacity to work independently
- High level of written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrate proficiency in using call center software, computer hardware and telephone equipment
- Ability to work alternative schedules and demonstrate flexibility in times of disaster
- Engage in and maintain knowledge of UWM programs and strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn other software and systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred), Associates degree (required)
- 5 years related experience in a call center
- 4 years of call center leadership experience
- Must be CRS certified as a Community Resource Specialist or be eligible for certification, and pass the test as soon as possible
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Shared health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria and gym
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to resume@UWMidlands.org
United Way of the Midlands is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.