United Way of Midland County works to advance the common good by focusing on the building blocks for a good life— Education, Health and Self-Sufficiency. We recruit the people and organizations that bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. We have invested years listening to our community to better understand their aspirations and how we can work together to achieve them. That input, along with the wealth of local data, led to the development of our Community Level Goals.
REPORTS TO: Director of Resource Development and Engagement
POSITION OVERVIEW: As a key member of the resource development and engagement team, this person is responsible for building relationships with donors, and prospective donors, to inspire their engagement and investment in the community through United Way of Midland County. They will effectively utilize the information gathered to enhance and implement year-round engagement plans that lead to successful workplace and individual campaigns with increased revenue to fuel our community impact work. With a donor centric mindset, this person will work closely with the Director of Resource Development and Engagement to manage our annual campaign and affinity groups in an effort to maximize our philanthropic capacity. Utilizing the Andar database, they will manage campaigns and accounts to ensure we track critical information about donor portfolios and prospects.
- Create year-round development and engagement plans for two to four divisions.
- Manage relationships within a donor portfolio, implementing key development strategies for 350+ Leadership Circle Donors, 45+ Young Leader Donors, 450+ Fragile Donors, 450+ Lapsed Donors, and 100+ organizations.
- Provide oversight for campaign division milestones, ensuring key deadlines are met throughout campaign.
- Develop and implement a new business development plan to increase the number of workplace campaigns.
- Lead the annual division account alignment and organization update process, ensuring data accuracy.
- Coordinate the loaned executive program, recruiting and onboarding new participants.
- Develop and lead the Employee Campaign Coordinator management and training process.
- Coordinate the annual campaign launch, serving as the primary project manager.
- Oversee the addition of account managers for organization accounts in all divisions.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a campaign special event and in-kind gift tracking process.
- Coordinate the annual campaign wrap-up announcement, serving as the primary project manager.
- Monitor combined giver relationships, ensuring relationships are tracked and contacting donors as needed.
- Oversee the holistic acknowledgement plan for individual and corporate donors, guaranteeing data accuracy.
- Coordinate the annual CEO call process, ensuring that top companies are communicated with efficiently.
- Manage the tracking of CSR goals in Andar for our Top 25 and high potential organizations.
- Oversee the name and salutation SOP within Andar, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- Assist with donor affinity groups, identifying members and prospects.
- Assist with developing all campaign volunteer and speaker trainings.
- Customize, schedule, and track online campaign and affinity group communications in the ANDAR database.
- Coordinate the development and integration of events and surveys in the ANDAR database.
- Coordinate staff attendance at community events and activities, ensuring United Way representation.
- Create custom campaign reports and import data, as needed.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all core responsibilities, ensuring process transparency.
- Collect and analyze best practice information from other United Ways, making customized recommendations.
- Present United Way messaging in an inspiring and engaging way to company and community groups.
- Work with other departments to ensure cross functional collaboration and information sharing.
- Stay abreast of economic, social, and philanthropic trends, especially among individual donors.
- Maintain the highest standards of data management, data security, and confidentiality.
- Assist with planning and implementing organization events, as needed.
- Other projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with five plus years of experience in fundraising, public relations, or sales.
- Corporate relations, project management and event planning experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Or, a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable about the business and social community in Midland County.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships, fostering an atmosphere of trust.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers, motivating them to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems using basic research, analysis, and interpretation.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate with internal and external parties.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in use of relevant databases and software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Demonstrates passion for the work of United Way.
- Demonstrates a desire to meet individual and organizational goals.
- Demonstrates a desire to acquire knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform effectively.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.