Job Title: Senior Manager, Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Strategy and Operations Officer
Location: Any United Way Suncoast Office
Date: October 2020
Summary: The Senior Manager, Information Technology (Sr. Mgr. IT), is responsible for all of United Way Suncoast’s (UWS) technology (hardware and software) and information-related initiatives. They will work directly with the Operations team and collaborate across departments to achieve goals. They will also support the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer in developing and implimenting the technology strategy, ensure that all information and telecommunication services are satisfactorily supported, monitor end-user usage of systems and data security, and assist in developing relevant reports from stored data. The Sr. Mgr. IT will be responsible for in-person workstation and related IT services after escalation from the Tier 1 help desk and for the effective vendor management of third-party technology providers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Oversees the planning and management of information and communication systems and manages company-wide upgrades. Provides technical leadership in major system projects.
- Steers CRM implementation across the organization. Works across departments to ensure key processes and dashboards are identified and developed.
- Manages network security; ensures that all system information is properly backed up with both on and off site storage; ensures that disaster recovery procedures are in place and current.
- Assesses team competency in using technology tools and provides appropriate level of training in group and individual settings.
- Works with the Finance Department and other teams to develop and administer IT budget and monitor IT-related purchasing.
- Maintains the inventory of all technology-related assets; maintains contractual agreements with vendors. Analyzes, troubleshoots, and manages contracts for repairs of computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals; documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems; coordinates with external vendor for maintenance, repairs and upgrading of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Communicates effectively with all team members and management to identify needs, evaluate solutions and design ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures a robust disastor recovery plan is in place and updated as needed for all critical systems.
- Manages the Board of Directors Dashboard, ensuring appropriate and timely updates.
Education and/or Experience: At least seven years of relevant experience in Information Technology within a large complex environment, including at least three years in position requiring budget management. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems preferred. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business challenges and creating service opportunities. Ability to use, understand and make organizational recommendations on current and emerging technology, security and infrastructure, system integration, technical architecture, hardware, email, internet, databases and other software.
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Microsoft CRM, donor databases (Andar or Saleforce preferred), systems architecture and hardware, Business Inteligence Tool knowledge (Tableau or Qlik), Mobile knowledge (IPhone apps, mail features and Droid) and evaluation tools.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.