UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Growth Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Classification: Exempt, Non-Union
Grade Level: 4
United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history spanning over 100 years and programs tackling the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org
The Senior Manager of Growth Marketing role is charged with managing the Marketing Department’s general digital and email marketing activities and will serve as our data expert, helping to lead an expansion of our revenue and relationship acquisition outcomes. Primary responsibilities include development and implementation of a multi-channel strategy which achieves our marketing objectives through our various media channels and platforms, including through supervision of the Social Media Specialist. By using an understanding of audiences, media channels, technology, data and analytics, you will engage new and existing relationships through inbound and outbound marketing strategies which drive higher levels of giving and engagement between our Bay Area communities and United Way Bay Area.
What you'll do:
- Lead implementation of UWBA’s email and digital marketing program and take management responsibility of UWBA’s social media channels.
- With support from the Brand Director and Content Team, strategize, execute, monitor, and evaluate the implementation of an email program that blends industry best practices with the unique lens and values of United Way Bay Area.
- Develop email communication strategy with various internal stakeholders to identify proper approach to increase customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth.
- Launch, manage, and optimize fundraising and other marketing campaigns through email, digital advertising, search, messaging, and other channels.
- In partnership with integrated marketing, develop media plans which strategically align audiences, messaging, and other channels to achieve UWBA’s marketing outcomes
- Help develop creative and landing pages which ensure uniformity through the campaign messaging sequence; regularly monitor performance of creative elements and landing pages to identify optimization opportunities
- Either through self-service platforms or through agency partners, operationalize the execution of digital campaigns
- Coordinate with the program and development teams to strategize, anticipate and plan for email and outreach deliverables for advocacy, mobilization, and fundraising campaigns.
- Work with outside agencies to strategize, execute, monitor, and evaluate the organization’s Google Ads grant program.
- Develop a robust test and learn strategy to consistently improve upon digital marketing outcomes and drive greater effectiveness and efficiency from our marketing efforts.
- Supervise and support the Social Media Specialist in the crafting and integration of social media strategy, content creation, and best digital practices.
- Develop long-term list acquisition and overall list health strategies.
- Explore and test additional advertising avenues for both organizational and campaign-based strategy needs.
- Assess current email and digital practices (ex. monthly newsletter) and make recommended changes to the marketing team and all staff.
- Constantly monitor email and digital industry trends and engage in skill development from industry leaders.
- Manage email acquisition and nurture campaigns on the HubSpot platform, including design, setup, testing, deployment, and reporting
Data and Analytics
- Develop relevant dashboards to track KPIs and other data signals to identify insights from our digital marketing efforts which can be used to inform team and executive decision making regarding our marketing strategy and execution.
- Serve as the liaison between UWBA Salesforce Administrator and Marketing Department, ensuring marketing requirements and data architecture are incorporated into our CRM and other marketing-related platforms.
- Empower and educate team members to better manage and understand data to support them in their existing projects and programs.
- Create protocols for data entry, monitoring, updating, and hygiene.
- Ongoing maintenance and clean-up of database systems within the marketing technology stack.
Who you are:
- 3-7 years’ experience in Digital Marketing and Data Management capacities including building of digital marketing strategy.
- Experience leveraging audience insights and data for creating segmented, relevant communications to maximize response.
- Proficiency in CRM administration, including prospect and constituent management, data quality, and developing reports in Salesforce or equivalent software systems as well as a good understanding of nonprofit fundraising processes, donor cultivation, nonprofit marketing, and related financial requirements.
- Recent management experience within a marketing organization.
- Experience managing internal clients and agency relationships.
- Expertise with Salesforce and HubSpot (or equivalent marketing automation platform) is required and experience with other marketing ecosystem tools is preferred.
- Track record of being performance-marketing focused in an environment where analytics, testing and optimization are a core part of the culture.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, management, and optimization of multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Must be able to organize, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices.
- Skilled in marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present technical and non-technical audiences.
- Social media campaign experience is preferred.
Salary: $90,500.00 - 103,000.00 Salary Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
TO APPLY: Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter.
To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained any degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology.” Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered