The Senior Manager, Enterprise Support plays a key role within United Way Worldwide’s Customer Success team by building and advancing the processes, team, and culture to empower world-class customer support, service, and success. United Way Worldwide is building a centralized support model and team charged with providing enterprise-wide consistent, transparent, accountable, scalable, and seamless experiences for United Way staff, donors, partners, and the general public. This includes provision of reliable self-service reference and knowledge resources, facilitation of peer-to-peer collaboration, addressing low complexity inquiries, appropriately routing requests across teams, and steering support through the multi-tiered escalation processes across United Way technical products (e.g., Salesforce CRM, Philanthropy Cloud) as well as non-technical programs and services (e.g., community impact products offered to Local United Ways).
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Support is an essential role in building, standardizing, optimizing, and providing ongoing leadership of the day-to-day operations of our customer service and support efforts. The Senior Manager will provide direct oversight of two product-specific teams of agents. The Senior Manager will ensure strong partnership with product owners, subject matter experts, and others essential to the work. The Senior Manager’s primary work is to manage and improve the performance of the support processes and systems for products and services offered by United Way Worldwide.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Mature service desk processes.
- Document and map processes as needed.
- Identify opportunities (aligned with industry best practices) to improve, automate, and scale initial triage and deflection of cases.
- Monitor overall performance and case management (across all products) to identify and resolve case handling issues.
- Engage with Product Owners to develop insights into product needs, training weaknesses, knowledge / reference gaps, etc.
- Build business requirements and feature requests, and work with technical team to enhance the functionality of the core platforms used to provide services (Salesforce Service Cloud, Knowledge, Community, etc.).
Manage knowledge assets and community.
- Ensure knowledge articles are developed as needed to support agent needs and customer self-service.
- Monitor existing and new reference and knowledge content to ensure standard formatting and high quality.
- Respond directly and/or engage subject matter experts in community conversations to resolve questions.
- Monitor and encourage productive use of community peer-to-peer support forums and other resources.
Provide day-to-day operational management to ensure customer service is timely, effective, and consistent with established standards.
- Review and manage daily performance of queues; provide initial triage on support requests for which automations do not exist; work cases escalated to the Senior Manager.
- Train and support the ongoing efforts of subject matter experts engaged in direct customer engagement.
- Measure and maintain agreed upon customer service standards.
- Follow up with customers and internal teams to identify areas of improvement in specific product support performance.
- Leverage the service desk technology to develop and share real-time, weekly, monthly, and annual dashboards and/or reports on enterprise support performance that includes appropriate quantitative and qualitative elements.
- Provide real-time and/or regular data and customer feedback to the matrixed teams to improve performance.
- The Senior Manager should generally not be the primary agent on cases but will work cases as needed due to escalations, short staffing, etc.
- Actively model and coach the broader team in learning and leveraging product knowledge and industry best practices (e.g., Salesforce, ITIL-4, KCS).
- As needed, support broader maturation and operations of customer success and support efforts.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Two years as a help desk manager or equivalent.
- Strong customer service experience and sensibility.
- Hands-on experience with service desk technical platform administration (Salesforce Service Cloud preferred).
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Proven experience in mapping processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team management skills.
- Relevant certifications in one or more areas (Salesforce Admin, ITIL-4, Knowledge Centered Service (KCS), etc.) highly preferred.
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.