Position located in China.
Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to strengthen partnership with China Charity Federation and Shanghai Charity Foundation. Lead a concerted effort to establish and grow meaningful relationships with GCL companies, key influencers and stakeholders to retain our current donor base and develop new donor relationships. Maximize individual engagement through the execution of corporate employee volunteer opportunities. Oversee the execution of existing projects and expand new relationships and programs in China. Initiate and develop bilateral and multilateral relations within UWW global network. Develop capacity building programs for CCF and SCF. Assist China operation, IDAG, administration and internal communication within the regional and global network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Strengthen partnership with China Charity Federation and Shanghai Charity Foundation.
- Successful implementation and expansion of the Left Behind Children and Sprout project.
- Track social impact and progress of existing flagship community projects.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with Beijing based GCL companies.
- Activate corporate individual engagement via signature volunteer programs.
- Handling inquiries, regularly communicating with GCL team to explore opportunities.
- Accountable for completing face-to-face GCL and CCF meetings.
- Generates new bilateral and multilateral partnerships within UWW global network.
- Support China operation, IDAG, administration and team learning/onboarding.
- Serve as lead on internal communication within the regional and global network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Eight years of development experience in either for-profit or nonprofit entities
- Focused development experience with an applied emphasis on relationship building;
- demonstrated success with effective listening skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
- Effective skills/ability to tell the UW story in a compelling and inspirational way
- Ability to think strategically with proven, strong ability to execute on plan
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions
- High-performing individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of partners
- Demonstrated ability to persuade others and to close partnership opportunities
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook required (currently used organizationally)
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks a diverse team of qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia with local, remote, and international employment opportunities as needed. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including tuition assistance and professional development; dress for your day; free onsite parking and gym; wellness programs; volunteering opportunities and leave; paid time off (PTO); and, paid leave for religious observance, voting, family sick, medical appointment, and, parental/adoption. Additionally, we offer access to comprehensive health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program; and, a 403(b) plan.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, advanced education, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail our People & Culture Team at email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.