Organization: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Senior Manager Campaign Operations
Department: IT / Operations
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
United Way of the Midlands is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other, our volunteers, donors and our community. United Way of the Midlands has served the Omaha-Council Bluff community for over 95 years. Working on behalf of thousands of donors, UWM’s focus is to serve those living in poverty – helping our most vulnerable neighbors stand strong and work toward independence.
The Senior Manager, Campaign Operations will effectively plan, manage, and execute the on-line pledge campaigns for ePledge (Andar) and eWay (Frontstream), as well as identify enhancements to the process, product, procedures or technologies to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the campaigns. This includes pledge system administrative duties such as analysis and maintenance of CRM data, creation of campaign statistical reports, and performance of Database Mining Operations (DMO). In addition, support other pledge operations functions through research on UWW website, envelope processing and pledge/system research. Working knowledge of Office365 & Active Directory preferred. Experience with Andar360 software and ePledge online pledge capture a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- System Administration and Reporting
- Understands the various Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to create, analyze, and implement reports for external and internal customers.
- Executes data requests for the entire organization as required (e.g., Finance, Operations, Donor Engagement, and Marketing).
- Be the Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) on the CRM systems, specifically around electronic pledging and consult with others as needed to answer questions, navigate the system, and provide business intelligence.
- Monitors various sources for national account data and assists with data conversion, clean-up, and importing and exporting data.
- Documents procedures and training on the CRM tools and provides training as needed to the organization.
- Provides support to Corporations Campaign team on the set up, reporting and functionality of the electronic pledge platform.
- On-line Campaign Management
- Creates and implements annual on-line plans for the donor companies that utilize these systems including the oversight and implementation of individual company campaigns, materials, documentation, and training.
- Be the Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) on the pledge systems and consult with others as needed to answer questions, navigate the system, and provide business intelligence.
- Attends and assists in campaign meetings for companies utilizing on-line tools or interested in on-line tools and technologies.
- Assists with rolling campaigns which includes account configuration and updating of websites, copying e-mail packages and customizing into each campaign, communications to potential recipient United Ways in regard to national campaigns, communicating with existing accounts to share new campaign "canned" messages and obtaining campaign dates, update and configure (HTML coding) customized messages such as e-mails, welcome messages, etc. Communicate deadlines and follow up with companies for receipt of data and any messaging customization.
- Extracts and communicates payroll deduction information to Company HR/Payroll Managers.
- Adds newly eligible agencies and updates information in respective databases.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with donors, donor companies and colleagues and utilizes effective communication skills to build effective on-line campaigns.
- Answers inquiries and/or complaints from internal and external customers, donors or donor companies and works effectively and professionally to answer and solve problems.
- Works with representatives from other United Way organizations to coordinate national campaigns.
- Documents policies and procedures and cross train others to ensure back up for function.
- Obtains and keeps current professional certifications as necessary to perform the job.
- Trains others on systems and technologies including the building and utilization of reports.
3. Process Improvement
- Keeps current on software and participate in on-line training, webinars, and when possible, attend seminars to keep abreast of industry and system best practices and enhancements.
- Creates and implements projects when necessary to enhance the effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Creates UWM statistical reports as required on a regular basis.
- Creates Campaign statistical reporting as required on a regular basis and import campaign reporting from other organizations. (e.g., UWW, Frontstream, other United Ways).
- Assists in process improvement projects related to campaign processing.
5. Campaign Processing Outside of an Electronic Campaign
- Provides administrative, campaign processing support, and quality audits for the Customer Relationship Management system (Andar).
- Campaign processing support, to include Audit, Data Entry, Proof, and close of envelopes both electronic and paper.
- Maintains a list of pledge information from other sources, inputs this information into the UWM pledge system and works with Finance to get additional pledge information into the system as needed.
- Be back up for the Senior Analyst for Campaign Operations.
- Researches other available CRM modules in conjunction with IT and analyzes/recommends whether the modules would be of benefit to the organization. If so, identifies productivity or quality improvement opportunities and create Cost/Benefit Analysis to show return on investment of dollars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary communication skills.
- English proficiency sufficient for communication with supervisors, co-workers, clients and customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of CRM Database software; MS suite of products to include Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Office365 and Active Directory is preferred.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Proven time management skills.
- Directly supervises two employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Business, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- Five to seven years related experience in system support and Customer Service. Prefer experience with MS Access, MS Excel and Office365. Experience with Andar360 software and e-Pledge online pledge capture a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Shared health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria and gym
- Wellness Program
United Way of the Midlands is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.