Senior Manager, Business Training
About United Way:
United Way exists to build more equitable communities, together. With over 85 years of local impact in eastern Massachusetts, we work with and for our communities to build economic prosperity and enable everyone-across races and ethnicities-to share in the knowledge, wealth, and resources available. We believe that the key to unlocking opportunity is uniting people, and we bring together individuals, community leaders, corporate partners, legislators, and organizations to build a powerful engine of change. We fuel new ideas, develop programs, and take innovative approaches to solve some of the regionʼs most entrenched and systemic inequities.
We offer excellent benefits including a BCBS PPO plan, dental, a 401k retirement savings with company match and an employer base contribution, a generous PTO policy which includes extended holiday time and summer hours. We also are offering staff a hybrid work schedule in a brand new office environment.
Background on Shared Services of MA: Shared Services MA, a program of United Way of Massachusetts Bay, offers a continuum of support for family childcare (FCC) educators starting with pre-licensing and continuing through early licensing and beyond. Our mission is to stabilize and grow the family childcare industry in Massachusetts and build the wealth and business success of family childcare business owner/educators with a focus on Black and Latina women. www.sharedservicesma.org
United Way seeks an experienced program manager to coordinate the day-to-day activities of executing our business training strategy. The ideal candidate has deep experience in project coordination and extraordinary attention to detail as well as a familiarity with family childcare operations, including the business model. This grant-funded position is funded full time through the end of June 2024. Funding is anticipated to continue beyond this grant period but not guaranteed. Full-year salary for this position is $72,500. Salary for the 6-month period will be $36,250, prorated based on hire date. This position will support systems- and community-level change for young children in United Way's footprint, through supporting the sustainability of the childcare field, including the following key responsibilities:
- Professional expert on the family childcare business model and the Shared Services business training curriculum
- Trains trainers to deliver business training curriculum
- Executes strategies, policies and plans to achieve program objectives
- Manages program budget(s)
- Interfaces with external partners, and/or internal support functions
- Manages team of contractors who deliver business training
- Organizes and coordinates timelines and team tasks
- Works closely with the VP Shared Services MA to solve whatever day-to-day challenges arise that are unique to a rapidly expanding program
- Monitors program expenditures
- Prepares financial statements and maintain records pertaining to program activities
- Purchases approved equipment and supplies needed by the staff and program
- Schedules program work, oversees daily operations, coordinates the activities of the program, and sets priorities for managing the program.
- Manages marketing and outreach to the community.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of grant requests and funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Manages pipeline
- Represents the organization warmly and professionally
- Communicates impeccably via email, phone and zoom internally and externally
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, administration, or related field
- Language: Spanish and English
- Familiarity with early education (family childcare a plus)
- Previous experience as a project manager
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedule
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Flexibility with virtual work recognizing that this position may be expected to eventually travel throughout United Way's footprint once it is safe to do so.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Required degree level
- $71,000 to $80,000 per year