Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way of Miami Dade is hiring for a Senior Grant Writer to join our team. The ideal identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposal to support United Way Miami's work in the education area. AP style grammar; excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well with diverse population. Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing programs and planned initiatives and activities in the area of Education, including early childhood, school age and post-secondary. Identify new sources of funding for the United Way Center for Excellence in Early Education.
- Responsibilities include the coordination, development, writing, and submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant proposals to third-party entities. Research and identify new government and private funding prospects. Collaborate on the creation of other funding opportunities.
- Follow up with grant making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to supply additional supportive material if requested.
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation and reporting activities.
- Work with finance department, Community Impact and CFE staff to write/prepare monthly, quarterly and/or or annual reports to government, foundations and other funders as required.
- In collaboration with program staff, develop and implement monitoring procedures to track grant implementation.
- Experience submitting a major federal, state or county level grant with many intricacies, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to multitask and manage several grant submissions or reports at once while working with various levels of staff to complete grant related items.
- Work with VP of the CFE to submit the Early Head Start renewal grant.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the United Way Center for Excellence and United Way, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought.
- Renew and retain all existing funding related to the CFE and EHS grants.
- Secure new United Way education funding in the amount of $150,000 through grants.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include grant writing in additional areas as needed and feasible.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or a related field. Masters preferred.
Experience Requirements: Two to three years’ experience in the development and implementation of a project or grant.
Technology Requirements: Intermediate Word, beginning Excel and Internet Explorer
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, customer relations skills, creative problem-solving skills, good judgment, ability to understand budgets, basic math skills, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, to view our EEO statement, Drug-Free policy and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).