Position Title: Senior Director, Principal Gifts and Strategy
Salary: An amount in the beginning of the pay range: $100,000 to $115,000 annually, with additional consideration for well-qualified candidates.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking.
This role might be right for you if...
- You're an experienced fundraising professional, with proven experiences of soliciting multi-year gifts and gifts $50k+, and building portfolios
- You are a strategy aficionado - from developing, to implementing, to leading, and adjusting.
- Helping community leaders align their philanthropic goals with their passions drives you.
How You'll Help
This position is responsible for providing leadership for the growth of major and principal donors at Mile High United Way. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, and working alongside passionate development professionals, this Senior Director will establish, grow, and strengthen relationships with prospective donors. This role will work with executive level volunteers to build donor relationships and meet funding goals, and will cultivate, educate, solicit, and steward major gifts in support of Mile High United Way's mission and initiatives.
- Prospect for potential new donors from individual and corporate channels and turn these relationships into increased revenue.
- Manage and oversee a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals, including gift solicitation
- Meet potential donors by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors and decision makers that have potential for an investment in Mile High United Way.
- As a leader on the development team, mentor and train other internal staff.
- Work with cross-functional team to develop proposals that create a compelling case for support to potential investors in Mile High United Way
- Present to and consult with mid- and senior-level management on industry trends, with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, help to shape the organization's unique selling proposition and differentiator for major investors.
- Alongside the Strategic Initiatives team, track key milestones and deliverables as it relates to the development of new relationships and the strategies needed to secure them.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelors degree preferred; High School Diploma/GED required
- 7-10 years successful experience in fundraising, sales, major gift fundraising management, and one-on-one solicitation. Proven solicitation experience of gifts $50,000 and higher and experience closing multi-year gifts preferred
- Demonstrated volunteer management experience at high levels of an organization
- Additional successful experience in funds development including, proposal writing, prospect research, volunteer management, annual individual giving campaigns, capital campaigns, and donor cultivation and recognition
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to set and achieve short and long-term goals
- Ability to manage and motivate executive level volunteers and staff to achieve fundraising and organizational goals
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity
- Knowledge of community donor, foundation, and volunteer base preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Salesforce experience a plus
Working Environment: Currently able to split work time from home and with 2-3 days/week at our Denver office, and frequent out-of-office local meetings
Physical Activities: Operates a computer and phone for extended periods of time, able to provide personal transportation for local out-of-office meetings.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.