United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
United Way Worldwide (UWW) is seeking a Senior Director to lead our Strategic initiative for Data Governance and Data Quality efforts as an SME in Information Technology Services. At 37.5 hours per week, this Senior IT professional will also assist in ongoing basic Salesforce CRM, IT Marketing Cloud, SharePoint and Network relations and will provide operational support to internal customers, and our network partners as needed. This is a collaborative and detail-oriented role. The IT Data Governance Senior Director will report to the SVP, Technology Services. This position is remote and will require the employee to be onsite for onboarding, and monthly meetings as requested by Executive Leadership. The Sr. Director of IT Data Governance and Strategy is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction and policy and procedures for enterprise data and information management and governance, including acting as IT SME for maintaining and enhancing data and analytics platforms, data strategy, quality control, and integrity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Lead the vision and strategy for enterprise data and information management and governance; further develop the data and analytics roadmap, including related policies, controls, and modernized platforms, to ensure data is accurate, consistent, accessible, actionable and secure across the enterprise, including the technical recommendations to accomplish our UWW Strategic operational goals.
- Responsible for creating policies, procedures, and standards for identifying and resolving data inaccuracies within our systems, along with creating a solid enterprise Data Governance program.
- Gain a deep understanding of our current Salesforce implementation to provide general support to the CRM Project, and act as IT Technical SME on Marketing Cloud and other data centric organizational platforms.
- Accountable for maintaining and enhancing data and analytics platforms, sources, and partnerships; owns data governance, including data strategy, quality control and integrity.
- Focus on the strategic use of data across the organization and mature the role and priorities of analytics across the enterprise. Drive efficiency and operational excellence across the data delivery model.
- Work with Data Analytics team to provide best practices on data consumption, modeling, analytics, and reporting; helping convert data into insight and business intelligence that drive decisions and impact operations.
- Develop consultative and collaborative relationships with business and functional leaders to identify and scope strategic opportunities that foster value creation potential for the network LUW’s.
- Partner with the operational excellence team and the other departments to managing existing processes and implement new processes around the new data governance structure, that leverage data and analytics capabilities to create strategic and competitive advantage.
- Identify new opportunities to create value across the organization and translate those opportunities into use cases. Provide input on potential use cases based on business impact and focus on high-value initiatives with significant strategic and/or operational impact.
- Champion Data Governance - Develop a culture that fosters data as an asset, establish standard metrics, definitions and calculations across the enterprise and lines of business. Lead data management governance meetings and regularly present strategic progress to key stakeholders, including senior-level executives.
Minimum requirements include:
- 10 years’ experience as a Senior IT Data Professional.
- Passion for all data platforms and experience performing CRM Salesforce, and Marketing cloud administrator tasks.
- Knowledge and experience of data migration tools (Import Wizard, Data Loader, dataloader.io, Apsona, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the field of computer science, information systems or business administration.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of management experience, with at least five (5) years in executive leadership implementing and leading enterprise data governance, including the establishment of cross-company goals, metrics, and change management, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in assessing new opportunities and performing necessary due diligence around technical, operational, and financial impact.
- Experience in driving and executing strategic solutions, outlining roadmaps while managing the tactical pieces of business.
- Proven experience in strong project management, change management, and analytical skills with a process-oriented approach.
- General office environment; may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated competence in operational leadership with strong abilities in relationship management and prioritizing initiatives / opportunities based on investments and financial returns.
- Demonstrated expertise in cloud-based data and analytics platforms, including leading business driven outcomes of platform migrations for large scale digital transformation.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of technology across platforms and vendors, providing viable options for end-to-end integrated infrastructure solutions including 3rd party products/services.
- Demonstrated ability and proven record of success leading and mentoring teams and managing a secure, reliable, and stable IT Infrastructure with distributed computing platforms.
- Proven ability to demonstrate attention to detail as needed to drive progress.
- Proven leadership ability
- Executive and strategic management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.