The Senior Director of Individual Engagement, Women’s Leadership reports to the Vice President of Central Development and is a key member of the Office of Development. The goal of Central Development is to play a supportive role to the Office of Development (OOD) and plan and execute individual engagement opportunities within the Atlanta area.
This innovative position will play an instrumental role on the OOD team as it plans and implements an individual engagement strategic plan aimed at increasing revenue and retention; providing opportunities for development to engage prospects; effectively managing volunteer boards, committees, cabinets, etc.; growing women’s affinity group membership; expanding individual engagement to the entire region; stewarding UWGA friends and partners; engaging a diverse audience; and more. In pursuit of these goals and other measurable metrics, the Senior Director will utilize various channels to build connections within the UWGA community and beyond, as well as work collaboratively with leads in Central Development, OOD and across the organization to implement robust plans of engagement; building individual relationships and fostering UWGA champions within the area of women’s advancement. Engagement will consists of yearly projects and events; including signature projects such as the annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast and Leading a Life of Purpose. This position will also be responsible for volunteer board/cabinet management duties as directed by the Vice President of Central Development. The Senior Director will focus on individual needs and priorities to maintain superior donor relationships.
This role supports the goals of
- Working with Development Officers to increase and retain women’s affinity group membership.
- Execute events as needed.
- Oversee the management of a volunteers/boards/committees/cabinets.
- Serve as a key member of the Central Development Team, providing innovative ideas and leadership that promote individual engagement.
- Meet all assigned goals and metrics.
- Be service-oriented and collaborative in nature.
- Plan and execute a variety of events and oversee the strategic engagement of event attendees during the event and beyond.
- Work collaboratively to design and implement strategies to assist with the identification, qualification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of UWGA donors and prospects.
- Develop strategies for identifying and engaging diverse constituencies critical to the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects as secondary or primary relationship manager. Follow all prospect management policies and procedures. Oversee the solicitation and renewal of all those in said portfolio. Oversee the solicitation of all volunteer leaders pursuant to prospect management policies.
- Utilize the UWGA CRM to track data and ensure data accuracy.
- Assist in the development of an individual engagement strategic plan.
- Manage event, society, or other budgets.
- Represent the organization at speaking engagements at internal and external events.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Community Engagement programmatic staff and staff across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years successful experience in a fundraising, sales and/or account management.
- Excellent skills in relationship management.
- Excellent skills in team building, problem-solving, public speaking and executive presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influence and motivational skills.
- Ability to interface with high level donors, lead volunteers, CEOs and senior management.
- Volunteer/client management experience.
- Strategic planning and budget management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; basic understanding of customer contact or CRM systems.
- Attend and assist with the coordination of evening and weekend events as needed.
- Ability to innovate, problem solve, and timely follow through with promises or tasks.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.