Position Title: Senior Director, Human Resources
Status: Exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
This role might be right for you if...
- You love serving people and helping them succeed.
- You're a big picture, strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems and drive decisions.
- You're a hands-on leader who can motivate and influence.
- You have a deep appreciation for maintaining a culture of trust - and the skills to support it.
How You'll Help
This senior management role provides critical leadership by developing and leading organization-wide HR strategic initiatives specifically in the areas of workforce planning; talent management; diversity, equity and inclusion; training and development; employee relations; compensation and benefits administration; rewards and recognition; organization development; change management; and, regulatory compliance. This position serves as the Senior Strategic HR Business Partner by providing HR expertise to the leadership team and supporting cultural change initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- Partner with the leadership team to define the strategic vision of HR and bring the vision to life.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to leadership regarding key organizational, management, and human capital issues.
- Ensure Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and practices are embedded throughout the organization's purpose, values and employee experience.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the organization
- Lead the training and development efforts across the organization, focusing on critical leadership skills and competencies for the future of the organization.
- Ensure development and implementation of comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the organization.
- Coach and counsel employees as needed to facilitate communication and proactively resolve employee relations matters as guided by the organization's values, policies, and procedures
- Ensure compliance with human resource legal requirements; act as HIPAA compliance officer for the organization
- Design, implement and monitor the organization's performance management processes and systems
What You'll Need
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- HR certification preferred (SHRM-SCP or SPHR).
- Coursework/training in Performance Management, Inclusion and Diversity, Organizational Design or Leadership Practices
- At least 8 years Human Resources experience
- 4 years in a management position at the senior level
- Experience designing and implementing talent management programs
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in directing human resource functions including compensation, performance management, benefits, employee relations, talent management, and organization-wide processes
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage HR professionals
- Tactical experience with staffing, compensation and benefits administration, and employee relations processes
- Demonstrated success with inclusiveness/diversity initiatives
- Financial acumen, including experience developing and managing a department budget.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues, serving as a trusted counselor and partner in the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills for relating to employees at all levels of the organization
- Business acumen, including the ability to support organizational goals through sound people strategies.
- Strategic planning, goal setting, and project implementation
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and codes
- Effective group speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems; Paycom familiarity a plus.
Working Environment: Typical office environment.
Physical Activities: Ability to operate a computer for extended periods.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.