The Senior Director of Global Partnerships successfully manages multi-dimensional global corporate partnerships. The Sr. Director is responsible for meeting or exceeding individual revenue goals established on annual basis and performance metrics, deepening corporate engagement, and partnering with the United Way network to activate and grow partner relationships. A successful Sr. Director will be able to work with little or no daily supervison, manage multiple priorities to develop successful account growth strategies, effectively manage donor relationships while engaging the network to effectively activate the partnership at the local level.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Serve as the lead relationship manager for a portfolio of 25+ global partners. Leads partnership strategy, development, solicitation, stewardship, communication and issue resolution for assigned accounts.
- Identify, develop and solicit partnership support from global corporate partners in portfolio. Responsible for meeting specific fundraising metrics on an annual basis in support of United Way Worldwide (UWW) goals.
- Leads and directs a team of 1-2, high-performing account managers to successfully exceed department and enterprise goals.
- Secure diverse sources of revenue including philanthropic giving, cause marketing and workplace giving with a focus on budget-relieving revenue for UWW.
- Collaborate with UWW colleagues in Network, Marketing, Impact Programming, Operations, and Finance to develop customized and effective proposals to global partners.
- Provide regular updates to department leadership and global corporate partnership team.
- Determine work tactics, project deliverables and resource requirements to support partnership account strategies.
- Build collaborative relationships with local United Ways to support donors’ comprehensive needs and promote the working relationship between the global and local offices of the United Way.
- Ensure global partnerships support and benefits are implemented, advocating for partner and UWW across the system.
- Track progress, next steps, contacts and other vital information using the Salesforce CRM tool.
- Support the department leadership, as requested. Represent the Global Partnerships team in cross-functional meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 5-7 years of advanced-level experience in a similar role.
- Previous relevant experience in managing corporate sales or nonprofit fundraising relationships- strongly preferred.
- Commitment to advance the mission of United Way Worldwide.
- Well organized, reliable, accomplished and dedicated fundraising and marketing professional with solid background in managing resources and personnel that has a proven record of success.
- Core competencies in sales, account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications, business development, strong writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong collaboration skills.
- Proven customer and consumer relations skills are a must.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with senior corporate leaders, non-profit professionals and other constituencies.
- Ability to influence and lead either virtually or in-person. Travel may be required.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.Chavez@uww,unitedway.org or call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more. Most benefits begin on the first day of the month following your start date.
We have established a salary range of $120,000 to $165,00 for this position. Specific pay is determined by your experience in that range. Highly recommend applicants include salary requirements.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.