The Senior Director of Global Partnerships builds multi-dimensional partnerships with an assigned portfolio of United Way Worldwide’s (UWW) corporate partners. The Director is responsible for meeting or exceeding individual revenue goals, deepening corporate engagement, partnering with the network to activate at the local level and for the overall stewardship of their assigned accounts. A successful Director will work at a high level, manage multiple priorities to grow existing relationships as well as identify opportunities to develop new relationships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Develops and implements a strategy to broaden donor relationships from workplace giving to impact based philanthropy supporting the UWW mission.
- Serves as the lead relationship manager for a portfolio of global partners. Leads partnership strategy, development, solicitation, stewardship, communication and issue resolution for assigned accounts.
- Solicits partnership support from assigned accounts. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of UWW goals.
- Develops and implements multi-dimensional partnership strategies for each account in assigned portfolio. Provided regular updates to department leadership.
- Determine work tactics, project deliverables and resource requirements to support partnership account strategies.
- Builds collaborative relationships with local United Ways to support donors’ comprehensive needs and promote the working relationship between the global and local offices of the United Way.
- Collaborates with UWW colleagues in network, marketing, impact programming, operations, and finance to develop customized and effective proposals to global partners.
- Ensures global partnerships support and benefits are implemented, advocating for partner and UWW across the system.
- Track progress, next steps, contacts and other vital information using the SalesForce CRM tool.
- Supports the department leadership, as requested. Represents the Global Partnerships team in cross-functional meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 5-7 years of advanced-level experience in a similar role.
- Previous relevant corporate sales or nonprofit relationships management experience strongly preferred.
- Well organized, reliable, accomplished and dedicated fundraising and marketing professional with solid background in managing resources and personnel that has a proven record of success.
- Core competencies in sales, account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications, business development, strong writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong collaboration skills.
- Proven customer and consumer relations are a must.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with senior corporate leaders, non-profit professionals and other constituencies.
- Ability to influence and lead either virtually or in-person. Travel may be required.
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Lee.hunter@UWW.Unitedway.org or call (571) 360-6341 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.