As a small team-oriented organization, United Way employees work in a flexible and dynamic environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every employee. To this end, employees must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and work cohesively across all areas of the organization. In addition, all employees interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way employees demonstrate exemplary interpersonal skills, the highest ethical standards and a professional appearance and demeanor.
POSITION SUMMARY/SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Senior Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the successful operation and ongoing development of the organization’s financial system and its internal controls including budgeting, auditing, accounting, financial reporting, investment and cash flow oversight, and governmental reporting. This role is also responsible for aspects of the organization’s Human Resource function including administration of employee health insurance plans and management and oversight for the employee retirement plan. The Senior Director is responsible for administrative oversight including, but not limited to organizational policies and procedures, insurance coverage and compliance, and facilities asset management. The Senior Director also serves as an integral member of the UWLLC Management Team providing input and decision making at a leadership level and serves as the primary liaison for all financial matters to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the operation of the financial accounting and reporting system.
- Ensures financial reporting complies with all General Accepted Accounting Principles and Standards.
- Monitors cash flow, and advises and assists the Board and the Executive Director in the management of assets and investments.
- Facilitates and ensures fidelity to donor designations.
- Organizes, attends, and actively engages with the Finance Committee and Employee Benefits Committee. Attends and actively participates in Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings, representing financial matters.
- Prepares the annual budget and monitors departmental spending. Prepares a monthly budget report for the Executive Director and department heads.
- Consults with the Board Treasurer as needed to ensure transparency and accountability. Presents financial statements quarterly to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Reviews and consults on all active organizational contracts to ensure financial adherence. Monitors and ensures compliance with all financial contracts.
- Prepares financial reporting and payments for grant activities.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Human Resources responsibilities and ensures fidelity to legal requirements.
- Maintains the organization’s payroll, benefits programs and related records.
- Supervises the accounting and reporting of funds raised on behalf of other United Ways and federations in the State of Nebraska Campaign, and other non-local campaigns.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
- Finance Manager and ePledge Coordinator
- Finance Assistant and Accounts Receivable Specialist
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required. MA in Accounting or Finance and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years business, industry and/or nonprofit/human service management experience. United Way experience helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills required.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal tax laws and nonprofit accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of federal and state human resource laws.
- Proficient in variety of computer programs including Excel, Outlook and database software.
- Strong communicator.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position is open until filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, Attn: Shelli Baldwin, 238 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org