POSITION TITLE: Senior Director, Experiential Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Experiential Marketing
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Senior Director, Experiential Marketing is responsible for working with the Vice President, Experiential Marketing in the strategic development and implementation of all brand experiences for United Way of New York City. This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that garner press, increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new supporters to United Way of New York City (UWNYC.)
An important member of the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) team, the Senior Director will serve as an internal team leader while employing an entrepreneurial, collaborative and results-oriented approach to lead and drive the production of high-quality experiences that advance our brand, donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Experiential Marketing develops the objectives and directs the execution of UWNYC’S signature brand experiences including, but not limited to, the Power of Women to Make a Difference Luncheon, the Gridiron Gala and the Impact Series.
- Working with the internal leadership of UWNYC’s affinity groups develops concepts, themes, formats and manages the execution of a suite of public facing events, as required.
- Provides event management training to and oversight of other event staff, interns, and volunteers to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Negotiates with venues, consultants and vendors to secure rates that enhance budgets.
- Directs consultants and vendors prior to and during the event to ensure flawless efficiency.
- Develops budgets and oversees financial reporting to internal departments and external agencies.
- Collaborates with the MarCom team to create content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social and web.
- Supports cross-functional internal teams with the stewardship of hosts committees to secure members, sponsorships, and in-kind gifts.
- Manages and trains internal and external event volunteers before and on the day of the event.
- Informs and updates staff members and other involved parties throughout the event cycle.
- Oversees the post-event coordination, including, but not limited to, debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting and data transfer.
- Assists the Vice President, Experiential Marketing with the identification of potential sponsors and the creation of marketing sponsor packages.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years’ experience in directing special events or brand experiences.
- An understanding of charitable giving legal guidelines, specifically as it relates to fundraising events will be an asset.
- Prior supervisor experience and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers and staff; display superior judgment and diplomatic skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven strong negotiating skills.
- The flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends due to the nature of our events.
- Enthusiasm, commitment to excellence, self-motivation, a professional demeanor, is highly organized and detail oriented.
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), internet research and strong knowledge of social media.
- Experience working with databases.
- Effective Communicator
- Superior Performance
- Planning and Project Management
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Embracing and Managing ChangePlanning and Execution
- Business Acumen and Strategic DirectionTalent Management