Senior Director, Digital Marketing
Senior Director, Digital Marketing | United Way Worldwide (HYBRID)
As a member of United Way Worldwide’s (UWW) Marketing Communications department, the Senior Director of Digital Marketing will provide leadership, strategic direction, and operational effectiveness of digital marketing and engagement for the organization.
The Senior Director of Digital Marketing will serve as a digital SME to execute a vision for the business strategy including developing and overseeing implementation of a robust omnichannel digital marketing strategy to drive awareness, engagement, advocacy, and fundraising growth for one of the world’s largest privately funded nonprofits during a time of transformational change.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Director of Digital Marketing will build and manage a team of digital marketing professionals and partner cross-functionally across the organization to help drive UWW's mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level and be able to work onsite in Alexandria, VA, (relocation assistance is not available):
- Develop Digital Marketing Strategy: Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive digital marketing strategies to support organizational objectives and target audience engagement
- Campaign Management: Oversee the planning, execution, and optimization of digital marketing campaigns across various channels, including email, search, display, and content marketing; partner cross-functionally in the development of digital fundraising campaigns including content, marketing and social media strategies, driving deeper donor insights, acquisition, retention and growth efforts across the network
- Email Marketing: Develop email marketing campaign strategy and support execution, including segmentation, personalization, A/B testing, and performance analysis to drive lead generation and customer retention
- Performance Analysis: Lead the development of clear performance targets across all campaigns and channels and establish clear value reporting for internal and external partners. This includes providing leadership of the data analysis and business intelligence strategy which is designed to help demonstrate tangible value in terms of donor growth and retention
- Website Oversight: Serve on cross-functional team to refresh and manage owned websites to ensure usability, accessibility, and alignment with marketing objectives.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and industry standards, implementing measures to mitigate digital marketing risks and protect data privacy
- SEO and SEM: Lead search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) efforts to improve organic search rankings, drive website traffic, and increase conversions
- Content: In partnership with the Communications team, develop content strategy and oversee the creation and distribution of engaging and relevant content across digital platforms to attract, engage, and retain target audiences
- Team Leadership: Provide executive leadership to growing team of digital marketing talent; oversee daily operational leadership of the digital marketing team with responsibilities for budget, staffing, vendor relationships, etc., toward the larger goal of driving organizational digital transformation
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in a leadership role for a digital marketing agency consisting of advertising/marketing/communications, consulting/content production/strategy development.
- 10 years of expert-level, relevant experience in digital marketing
- Masterful command of multi-platform/channel digital campaign operations and team management
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing digital campaigns including fundraising
- Strong experience in managing an organizational website and ability in leveraging the channel to achieve organizational goals
- Proven ability to stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in digital marketing, and recommend innovative strategies to drive engagement and conversion
- Experience working for a global nonprofit is a plus
- Strong ability to convey complex concepts to all audiences
- Ability to shape stories with data
- Excellent organization skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental colleagues, C-suite and clients
- Ability to thrive in a lean, self-motivated, proactive environment
- Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Occasional travel required
The budgeted lifespan salary range for this position is currently $150,000 to $160,000 per year. Salaries are determined by several factors including applicant’s knowledge, skills, experience, position, equity, and market.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (703) 783-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- $141,000 to $160,000 per year