United Way of Salt Lake’s mission is to build powerful partnerships that achieve lasting social change.
We implement data-driven, equitable practices to eliminate barriers to success, and create
opportunities and solutions that assist people to achieve their goals, dreams, and human potential.
Our workplace is fast-paced, progressive, innovative, friendly, and adaptive; our core values are:
Relationships, Results, Innovation, and Continuous Improvement. At UWSL we believe in celebrating
success, learning from failure, and setting ambitious goals. Our wages are competitive, the benefits
package is comprehensive, and perks like flexible schedules and staff parties make every day unique.
The Marketing and Communications Director (MCD) will leverage expertise to support and expand
marketing campaigns across UWSL’s multi-channel mix to deepen engagement and donor relations,
meet financial goals, generate new leads, and maximize the United Way brand. The DMD will develop
and implement the necessary digital strategies to attract and engage new and existing donors and
volunteers. Responsible for writing compelling marketing copy for a variety of mediums such as web
content, advertising copy, emails, and social media; and collaborate on cross-functional efforts to
develop content plans throughout the organization. The MCD also oversees a team of marketing
professionals who implement the following strategies: digital and email marketing, digital
communications, and content management.
1. Implement and track all multi-channel digital marketing and email campaigns, including the
integration of direct mail and other digital content delivery.
2. Integrate social media strategies with forward-thinking content and communication plans
across various outlets to amplify our message, engage stakeholders, and build new
3. Identify and use KPI results to ensure marketing programs are maximized to coordinate
across various fundraising and communication platforms. Determine actionable solutions for
4. Help design, influence, and implement key digital journeys, and other tools, to drive new
donor acquisition, deepen existing partner and donor relationships, and expand
understanding of United Way’s mission and work.
5. Writes compelling copy for web, advertising, social, and email. Must be able to quickly turn
around content and maintain a high level of professionalism and consistency.
6. Design content for internal teams, and senior leadership, to socialize the digital activities and
7. Integrate all digital activities and content to create a holistic, consistent experience.
8. Support, coach and develop direct reports.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel.
● Creativity: Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful. An eye
for design and sense of exceptional writing.
● Communication: Developing and delivering multimode communications that convey a clear
understanding of the unique needs of different audiences and multiple media channels
(print, design, social/digital)
● Technical Skills: A proven understanding of what content works best in the various social and
digital channels. Anticipating and adopting innovations in business and building/applying
digital and technology applications.
● Attention to detail: Ability to manage multiple activities and assignments with occasional
conflicting timelines - ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others
to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
● Strategic Mindset: Seeking ahead to future possibilities and translating them into
breakthrough strategies. Optimistic about future possibilities and adaptive to change
● Results-Focused: Effective project management with the ability to maintain big-picture vision
while directing work - delegating and removing obstacles to get work done.
● Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.people.