Position: Senior Director, Administration
Reports to: Vice President, Operational Excellence
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: The Senior Director of Administration supports and furthers operational excellence across the organization by driving efficiencies while supporting the development and implementation of procedures and systems that align with administrative needs and priorities across the organization. Specifically, this position is responsible for making centralized and programmatic procurements, working alongside Finance and Legal in ensuring compliance with private and federal, state and local funding and auditing requirements, and assisting in minimizing organizational exposure to risk.
This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with third-party and organizational filings, and supporting compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure that organizational and contractual procurement requirements are met and stay in compliance, including bidding requirements.
- Implement, monitor, and drive processes and systems that track compliance with organizational procurements.
- Responsible for the preparation, submission and maintenance of third-party filings (Charity Navigator, Guidestar, Better Business Bureau), governmental agencies and annual United Way Worldwide reports.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining Lobbying reporting to NYS and NYC.
- Track and report compliance activities and performance on a monthly basis for performance management purposes.
- Oversee and maintain policies and procedures utilized in the procurement of organizational and programmatic goods and services.
- Responsible for direct purchasing of organizational and programmatic goods and supplies, including sourcing products, establishing invoicing, and ensuring compliance with UWNYC and funder procurement policies.
- Reviews, establishes and tracks organizational memberships and subscriptions.
- Source and manage UWNYC central vendor contracts and relationships, including facility vendors.
- Reviews, approves, and tracks organizational purchases and invoicing.
- Oversees procurement and invoicing for NYC contracts.
- Monitor and drive a system to ensure compliance with competitive bidding process requirements and contract compliance for federal, state, and local funding.
- Manage organizational system used to for Travel and Business Expenses (Concur).
- Partner with finance in overseeing organizational credit card usage, including management of the Operation Purchasing card.
- Provide on-going staff training on administrative policies, processes and systems.
- Track and report procurement activities and financial performance on a monthly basis for performance management purposes.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years’ progressive experience in operations management, procurement, and/or administration, or equivalent work experience and training.
- Demonstrated success in working across functional and business groups to achieve results; ability to work collaboratively in furtherance of organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated success analyzing complex issues and developing and implementing relevant and realistic policies and programs.
- Expert operations skills: ability to multi-task, meet timelines and follow up with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements.
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making skills through a combination of analysis, experience, and high level of business acumen, including successful financial management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through prioritization of duties and functions. Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- Track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors. Poised professional with excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently and in teams. Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, project management tools.