Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for a Senior Development Officer to join our team. As a Senior Development Officer you will develop and build relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way Miami, Inc. Develop and maintain various fundraising initiatives to include corporate, employee and individual fundraising..
The ideal candidate brings Public speaking, understanding of people, ability to adapt to changing situations, ability to understand and analyze industry trends, sales ability, computer skills, basic math skills, and negotiation skills. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of the fundraising campaign process that consists of but is not limited to campaign strategizing, volunteer recruitment and management; individual and group solicitations; individual and account cultivation, management and customer service; active promotion of corporate giving, individual giving, Leadership giving, planned giving, volunteerism, sponsorships, and labor participation (where applicable).
- Manage an account portfolio to include goal setting, donor stewardship and cultivation, individual solicitations. Responsible for developing campaign and donor communications.
- Responsible for conducting public speaking sessions for organizations, events and donors.
- Data management- strategically implement reports into the fundraising approach, utilization of United Way’s customer relationship management tool, Andar, maintain data quality and integrity.
- Work closely with team members including administrative, marketing and engagement teams.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Requirements: Three to five years’ experience in sales presentation skills, account management, fundraising and volunteer management.
Technology Requirements: Intermediate Word. Beginner Internet Explorer, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Andar/SalesForce.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Public speaking, understanding of people, ability to adapt to changing situations, ability to understand and analyze industry trends, sales ability, computer skills, basic math skills, and negotiation skills. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, to view our EEO statement, Drug-Free policy and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).