Senior Content Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
New York City
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will be an integral member of United Way of New York City’s (UWNYC) marketing and communications team. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, under the AVP of Communications, in the Office of the Executive Vice President, you will be responsible for the creation and management of written and visual social media, website, and email marketing content on UWNYC platforms. This role requires a professional who has strong experience with writing for web utilizing SEO knowledge, creating engaging online content, and strong discernment for social media community management with an eye for steady platform growth and engagement. Additionally, this role will provide creative direction and guidance for visual multi-media web and social media content (photos, video, infographics etc.).
- Craft, proofread, fact-check, and edit engaging digital marketing content for website, email campaigns, and UWNYC social media accounts and key executive leadership social media accounts.
- Develop content from brainstorming through to production.
- Strategically develop engaging content designed to attract and incentivize new audiences, followers, and donors.
- Manage daily digital content operations and adjust to shifting priorities as needed
- Maintain a pipeline for executing content strategy
- Provide creative direction for video and photo assets used in digital content.
- Have strong understanding of SEO performance measurement and be informed on SEO trends and technology.
- Have strong understanding of the nuances of each social media platform and adapt content messaging across multiple accounts.
- Regularly audit, optimize, and improve website experience for timeliness, accuracy, and ease of use.
- Implement brand voice and AP Style standards across all content.
- Support multiple departments as needed for web, social media, and email content-related projects.
- Advise and guide seasonal interns and temp support staff.
- Develop social media strategy and toolkits for brand experience events.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Community Management & Measurement
- Track analytics of UWNYC web, social media platforms, and email marketing campaigns; report on quarterly analytics performance.
- Develop performance strategies for social following growth and platform engagement; be able to pivot or adjust strategies based on shifts in engagement performance.
- Lead management of social media calendar, scheduled content, and boosted/paid posts.
- Monitor social media engagements, direct messages, follower questions and comments; be adept at responding to follower comments in brand voice.
- Monitor and lead community management for key UWNYC executive leadership social media accounts.
- Develop social strategy for virtual and in-person events (when permitted/ safe to do so). Events include panels, speaking engagements, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, etc.
- Measure performance of key email marketing campaigns and develop strategies to increase open rates and engagements with A/B testing of calls to action, subject headers, and content styles.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years cumulative experience in a content strategy or social media management role.
- Bachelor’s degree, in marketing, journalism, or writing (but not necessary)
- Self-starter with an attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple products.
- Ability to establish and implement efficient systems and processes to free up time so you can focus on the creative aspects of the job
- Experience following tone of voice guidelines and aligning writing style with the UWNYC brand for which you are writing and the audience to which you are speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Can differentiate between online vs. offline written content requirements.
- Experience using content management systems.
- Ability to multi-task under deadline and to make quick turnarounds on projects.
- Exceptionally detail oriented with a passion for fact-checking, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Brand Steward
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Planning and Project Management
- Service Orientation
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer