The US Network Engagement and Performance team actively engages and collaborates with the 1100 United Ways in the US and team of subject matter experts at United Way Worldwide to align around the people, process and technology solutions in our shared enterprise network. The Sr. Associate performs administrative and office support activities for the head of the department and team members. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. a focus on efficiency, time management and accuracy have strong written and verbal communication, and demonstrate expertise in administrative and organizational skills.
Examples of typical tasks include managing calendars; making travel, meeting, and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; submitting expense reports, managing vendor contracting and invoice processing, responding to general inquiries; maintaining filing systems; copying documents, drafting routine memos; answering telephones; distributing mail, as well as typing and proofreading correspondence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers and team
- Coordinate contracting and invoicing in support of vendors
- Assists with daily, weekly and monthly calendar management, keep leader well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, follows up appropriately
- Ability to coordinate daily activities, prioritize inquires and requests, as well as troubleshoot conflicts
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the leader’s office and internal departments
- Coordinates travel arrangement and submits and reconcile expense reports
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet, flexible, work in a fast-paced environment, deal well with ambiguity
- Schedule, plan and organize logistical details for in-house and off-site meetings, training and events
- Develops and prepares agendas for various departmental meetings; coordinates and attends staff meetings as appropriate; prepares and distributes minutes to appropriate personnel, on an as needed basis
- Maintains filing and records management systems and other office flow procedures in coordination with team Operations Manager
- Ability to effectively acquire and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment within budget constraints
- Helps support community responsibility events / activities
- Knowledge of point of contacts and tools for all requests
- Facilities coordination: manage new hire working space, office moves, update floor plans, report building issues and communicate as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to manage contacts using Outlook and Salesforce CRM to conduct up-to-date database entry, track and manage correspondence, and facilitate relationships with key stakeholders
- Helps keep organization charts, phone lists, and birthday lists up to date
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of intermediate level experience in a similar role
- Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills
- Attention to detail is essential, with excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility skills
- Strong knowledge of general office management
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones and businesses
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter, proactive, ability to work independently and with a team, ability to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to balance multiple priorities, create solutions, and meet deadlines
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.