Position: Senior Coordinator, Grants & Accounting
Reports to: Director, Grants & Accounting
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: Primary functions include reviewing and approving Community Based Organizations (CBO) budgets, budget modifications and expenditure reports. Responsible for verifying budget balances, ensuring receipt of substantiating supporting documentations and research for any discrepancies. Participate and conduct fiscal training, monitoring to ensure compliance with the agencies’ accounting policies and procedures in addition to United Way of New York City fiscal policy & procedure; federal Circular A-122 and A-133 as required.
- Review and approve CBO budgets, modifications, and expenditure reports for various programs.
- Reviews budgets to ensure expense category is consistent with program’s objectives and donor requirements.
- Provide fiscal management technical assistance to CBOs via phone calls, training, and email communication.
- Ensures that substantiating information is included with check request. Identifies any shortfalls and communicates discrepancies with the program staff for resolution.
- Review and approve check request form for payment to Accounts Payable.
- Prepare financial reports and vouchers to government agencies.
- Manage grants & contracts receivables and payables.
- Prepare and assist in year-end reconciliation of grants for audit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: at least one year experience in a non-profit finance or fund accounting office role; may include internship experience with knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and basic accounting procedures. Previous experience with government contracts is a plus.
Skills: must have basic competency with Microsoft Excel. Must have interpersonal and customer service skills, prioritizing and multitasking. Must always maintain a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
Planning and Project Management
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Background check
How to apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Senior Coordinator, Grants & Accounting" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer