United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is seeking a Senior Associate, Donor Relations. The Senior Associate will recommend, implement and analyze donor engagement strategies for individual donors and prospects in assigned portfolio that position United Way as the philanthropic choice. Under minimal supervision, plan and execute tactics necessary to achieve recruitment, retention and revenue goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Create an individual donor engagement plan for donors in assigned portfolio that establishes UWGC as the philanthropic choice for the donors and grows donor recruitment, retention and revenue goals. Track and evaluate effectiveness of strategies, initiatives, and overall results with focus on young professionals.
- Engage with donors in assigned portfolio, developing and deepening donors’ ties to UWGC, striving for donor growth through a pipeline of increased annual giving, and identify prospects for advancement along the donor pipeline.
- Educate and cultivate donors year-round by developing relationships between the donors and United Way through one-to-one contact, digital communication, and event touchpoints that will attract, engage, grow, and retain donors in assigned portfolio and donor networks.
- Together with the Sr. Manager of Events, plan and execute events with focused activities that attract, engage, grow, and retain donors in assigned portfolio.
- Recruit, orient, advise, and support key volunteers in executing tactics that support engagement with United Way.
- Partner with Relationship Managers to identify, nurture and solicit key segments within the top workplace campaigns.
- Ensure the donor information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process is accurate.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors in assigned portfolio.
- Use data analysis to identify trends and solutions, troubleshoot, and ensure the timely achievement of goals. Use the strategic analysis of data to drive decision-making and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years professional work experience required, with at least two years in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively and solicit information from others.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the process of creating, growing and retaining strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including evenings and weekends.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
COMPETENCIES: Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient, Project Management
Applicants should apply by Friday, June 25, 2021 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion