United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
The process of learning is crucial for United Ways to lead their organizations successfully and support long term community change in the areas of Education, Income, and Health. The Learning and Conferencing (L&C) team plays a central role in developing and delivering products and services to support organizational learning, improve local United Way performance and results, position United Way as a key stakeholder in the education, income, and health space, and generate revenue for United Way Worldwide to execute on our mission.
The Senior Associate is a key member in the L&C team by helping us provide a range of capacity building strategies and products (conferences, knowledge management, learning events that include instructor-led training and webinars) to staff and volunteers working to improve lives in communities. L&C acts as a business unit for United Way Worldwide by selling these products and services and selling rental space in the Mary M. Gates Learning Center. As a business, L&C generates income to fund United Way Worldwide’s operating budget. This position is responsible for supporting the effective operations and growth of the L&C business by providing administrative support to the L&C Vice President and Directors, project support for assigned projects, marketing and advertising support, and customer service for our internal and external customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: While not an exhaustive list of duties, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level to primarily support the Learning and Conferencing team and secondarily support the Operational Excellence team:
- Administrative and Team Support
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, reserve meeting rooms, and support meeting audiovisual (to include conference calls, webinars, etc.).
- Coordinate building/room set-up as needed for various UWW meetings and special events.
- Manage office supplies, purchasing and inventory.
- Assist with travel reservations.
- Provide data entry for departmental databases and tracking systems.
- Process expense reports and invoices in Concur
- Prepare and distribute reports, minutes, notes, etc.
- Support a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of information reviewed, processed and/or filed.
- Prioritize and manage work load to ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
2. Customer Support
- Ensure a positive customer experience for conference and training participants, rental clients, and internal customers.
- Assist with meeting logistics and customer inquiries for rentals, conferences, training courses, and webinars,.
- Produce correspondence/materials and prepare relevant materials for stakeholders
- Communicate with and provide assistance to United Ways, both locally and worldwide, and United Way Worldwide staff.
3. Marketing & Communications Support
- Review and edit assigned marketing materials, conference programs, etc.
- Draft and post advertisements on intranet, online newsletter, Facebook and other online channels as appropriate.
4. Provide onsite logistics and customer service support for the Mary M. Gates Learning Center. This requires occasional after hours work approximately 1-2 days per month.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma with at least four to six years of intermediate-level experience in a similar role.
Strong writing skills with experience copy editing materials. Highly detailed oriented and technically competent. Demonstrates high proficiency in standard computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) with high level of accuracy resulting in production of error free copy. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment excercising initiative and flexibility in carrying out assignments. Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills and excellent telephone manner with the ability to exercise tact and good judgement. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions for practical situations. Able to lift and move items up to 25lbs. Possess professional demeanor, high level of integrity, and personal values that are consistent with UWW’s mission. Knowledge of Concur and Salesforce and willingness to travel are added pluses.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.