The Senior Analyst, Grants Administration, supports the Director, Grant Administration in monitoring the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting functions associated with grants, International Donor Advised Giving (IDAG) and other restricted funds projects. The position requires an individual who is collaborative, analytic, and able to participates in the development of work processes and methods, establishing reporting systems, and analyzing/interpreting data analysis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Coordinate with the Development office and other areas across UWW to initiate fiscal procedures related to grants and donor advised funds.
- Monitor the financial activity of the restricted grants and donor advised programs and work independently to take corrective actions as needed or elevate concerns when appropriate. This includes the oversight of donor’s accounts, determining reconciling entries and working with the grant managers to proactively identify issues and solutions.
- Maintain donor advised funds accounts receivable including:
- Record all monthly billing of accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Daily maintenance of the donor advised funds and grant accounts receivable and billing process, including daily recording/posting of receipts.
- Prepare audit schedules as requested by management.
- Prepare and maintain specific donor fund balance reports.
- Maintain and reconcile contribution receivable and deferred revenue accounts.
- Post all daily cash transaction and reconcile monthly bank accounts.
- Act as a liaison with the Development team to address questions and resolve issues.
- Assist Grants Director in the maintenance of UWW’s grant and temporarily restricted records as needed.
- Maintain and report on Disaster Recovery Fund accounts.
- Work with the Development Team to facilitate the stewardship process to acknowledge all contributions received at UWW.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks, such as responding to information requests made by auditors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar or related position.
- Experienced in managing financial and numeric data with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) software, Excel spreadsheets, and project management a plus.
- Must be collaborative and a demonstrated team player with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and have excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter willing to implement process improvements.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.