United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s (“UWGPSNJ”) mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
Role Summary: The Senior Analyst – Data Science in this role will be required to use their industry knowledge to manage, analyze, model and improve data systems for the organization and its clients enabling the organization to make objective decisions. The person will be responsible for identifying new needs, developing new solutions, delivering training and supporting associates in their change management needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the development, maintenance, and performance processes designed to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving business problems through data analysis/analytics. Ability to bring the right data technique to solve the problem in an explainable manner
- Lead the development of reports, models, and dashboards that enable UWGPSNJ to make proactive data driven decisions
- Provides guidance for the way UWGPSNJ manages, organizes, stores and accesses its information
- Ensure that data within information systems integrates with business processes and UWGPSNJ staff are properly trained
- Support organizational needs for data analysis and utilization through logical data segmentation and categorization. Key deliverables include:
- Execute or advise on data mining operations for analysis and statistics
- Produce data guidelines
- Design and advise on the development of dashboards and bio tabs
- Work with primary system owners to ensure that data in ancillary data stores are in sync with the master source database
- Provide direct or indirect training/guidance to UWGPSNJ team members on the effective capture and use of data stored in various UWGPSNJ data repositories
- Work to advance data efficiency and integrity through platform improvements that eliminate redundant systems
- Develop standards for identifying obsolete data and strategies for removal
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven data focused experience
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit organizations, with emphasis on aggregating data for analysis and/or reporting both at a departmental and organizational level
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as MS Excel (pivot tables), and MS Access and Microsoft Office
- Thorough understanding of relational database systems; especially data mining, dashboards, and bio tabs creation (note UWGPSNJ utilizes the CRM system – ANDAR, primarily a tool of our Worldwide network)
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through.
- Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people, and to constructively give and receive feedback.
- Accountability – develop policies and procedures for data standards and data integrity, training, and data monitoring
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework.
- Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.