Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- Non-Exempt (Hourly): 2 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Funding
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service.
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for a Senior Administrator to join our Development team. As Senior Administrator will provide administrative support to Chief Development Officer, and the Development team in meeting the needs of United Way’s customers. Function as the lead administrator for the development team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support and function as lead administrator for the department. Execute on department level projects assigned by Chief Development Officer. Coordinate other administrators in the execution of these department level projects. Work with senior staff on department training, coordination, resource needs, etc. Manage all aspects of Campaign Co-Chair and Cabinet meetings and CEO visits.
- Provide administrative support for Chief Development Officer and Development team. Execute on all aspects of administrative support including but not limited to calendar management; data entry; internal and external correspondence; report generation and queries; registration and logistics for receptions, luncheons, meetings, and events; appointment setting; and conducting research as needed.
- Responsible for the management or coordination of administrative function(s) for Senior Vice President, Development, Sr. Executive leadership staff and corresponding areas and units with fundraising responsibilities.
- Manages multiple calendars and scheduling as deemed needed by SVP. Has decision making authority, judgement and independence to recommend new approaches and protocols that affect assigned areas. Works in collaboration with Administrative Support team to provide high level operational support to Development leadership team.
- Supports and monitors data integrity for the documentation and reporting of active prospect and donor engagement. Collaborates with Research & Prospect Management & Advancement-IT departments to coordinate, request and process all pertinent research requests, data sets, metric reports, etc. for use in day-to-day operations and/or specific donor-related matters. Facilitates processing including, but not limited to running of operational and ad-hoc reporting needs and periodic updates for supervisor. Makes recommendations for further streamlining or consolidation of reports.
- Serves as the principal liaison to Development. Provides periodic support to Executive leadership level professionals and ensures that priorities and corresponding task are delegated and completed successfully to completion. Coordinates administrative support for strategic initiatives.
- Onboard, trains, motivates, guides and supervises Advancement Resource Liaison. Implements management methods to achieve Advancement fundraising goals, including monitoring and assessment of performance. Ensures that staff professional complies with United way of Miami policies and standards. Uses initiative and judgement to address and determine items requiring intervention and/or addresses matters requiring immediate attention. Utilizes discretion and maintains confidentiality in the receipt and handling of information and manages deliverable through delegation of work to Advancement Resource Liaison.
- Trains all Development Administrative liaisons (central and unit-based) in policies, protocols and processes to effectively support Development Officers and/or leadership. Works with Advancement HR to coordinate and implement on boarding tracks for all administrative and resource positions.
- Reviews, communicates and responds to specific incoming telephone calls, messages, correspondence and data requests on behalf of Senior Vice President, Development. Uses initiative and judgment to address to determine items requiring Senior VP intervention and/or addresses matters requiring immediate attention. Utilizes discretion and maintains confidentiality in the receipt and handling of information and manages deliverables through delegation of work to Advancement Resource liaison.
- Serves as a P-card User for departmental transactions. Assures compliance and adherence to United Way credit card policies and procedures.
- Drafts, monitors and prioritizes correspondence, memoranda, forms, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools. Established and maintains interpersonal contacts, which results in mutually beneficial working relationships. Handles matters that requires a broad range of problem-solving activities.
- Provides direct support to SVP in the management and communications of donors, prospects and volunteer leadership as well as associated Development team and direct reports. Serves as primary point of contact to administrative personnel of assigned external and internal constituents on behalf of SVP and Development Leadership.
- Assists with coordination of resources in support of program direction and development. Provides additional support for event and program functions, as needed. Provides additional support for event and program functions, as needed, such as scheduling, logistics, and concession.
- Interacts with various university administrators, staff, and constituent groups. Proactively seeks answers to inquiries and provides information as needed to university staff, faculty, students and other constituent groups. Serves as team liaison to manage project-oriented activities including coordination, implementation, and evaluation. Assists with coordination of resources in support of program direction and development. Provides additional support for event and program functions, as needed.
- Manages budget functions for designated areas of Development and serves as backup for the management of overall Development Budget and Procurement as needed or requested. Discusses budgetary expenses and any related concerns with responsible parties and assists in resolving of issues that may arise.
- Manages processing of all vicinity expenses and reimbursements for respective areas including collection of receipts and additional information and making Budget Tracker entries to ensure timely processing.
- Prepares presentation and/or meeting materials for use by Senior Vice President, Development. Edits content, adds or revises appropriate graphic and design elements, and disseminates for review and feedback.
- Supports the executive staff liaison for the United way Board of Directors & Executive Committees. Supports administrative needs for meetings, status calls, and individual mentoring sessions that occur on an ad hoc basis. Takes minutes/notes and initiates status updates/reminders for action items.
- May handle donated funds in the form of checks, stocks and other negotiable securities. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Non-profit statutes, guidelines and policies and procedures associated with budget and procurement. Handles sensitive and/or confidential information. Prepares all documentation for processing of Deposit Transmittal and Foundation invoices.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES: Support the mission, vision and values of United Way Miami (UWM). When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWM and the community. Due to the leadership role UWM is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWM staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
Education Requirements: Associate degree or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirements: Two to three years experience in office environment providing administrative assistance.
Technology Requirements: Advanced Word, Excel, Outlook, and Andar/SalesForce. Beginning Internet Explorer.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free policy.