Senior Accountant – Program Accounting
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The position’s primary responsibility is the tracking of internal and external program funding which supports the United Way’s mission. This position works directly with Program Managers in the Impact (Program) department and reports to the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- (60%) Monthly tracking of program funding. This includes the approval of all invoices to attest that the funding is available for the invoice before Department Leadership approves the invoice.
- (20%) Develops all budgets from program spending. The budgets will be either for grant submission of for internal program spending. This function will be the lead with the Program Managers in development of the budgets and spending plans.
- (10%) Completes the external reporting requirements for any grants received from governmental agencies, foundations, etc.
- (10%) Other related accounting processes and procedures as needed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- At least five (5) years of fund tracking and general accounting experience
- MIP accounting software, Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people; display a positive attitude with all customers
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
- Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to Human Resources at email@example.com and note: “Senior Accountant ‘ in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.