Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Director, Accounting. This position is an integral part of the Finance and Gift Stewardship Team. This position assists in all aspects of accounting to ensure the highest level of transparency and accountability. This role truly ensures our core values of Stewardship, Collaboration, and Integrity are met by the financial statements produced and used by all other teams within the organization.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
• Prepares the month-end close including preparation of worksheets and reconciliations to ensure timely preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements.
• Records monthly activity relating to pledges, bad debt, designations, and credit card payments to the general ledger.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Assists in year-end close and annual audit, and in preparing Form 990 worksheets.
• Provides customer service and support to internal customers and vendors with respect to various accounts payable and related accounting inquiries.
• Reviews and approves payroll and tax related forms including Form 941 and W-2. Provides back up for payroll processing.
• Maintains understanding of grants and contributions with Standard ASC-606, internal policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations.
• Provides support in onboarding accounting system upgrades and conversions through onboarding, training, and documentation of procedural updates.
• Hires, trains, supervises, or coaches team members, interns, and/or volunteers to ensure program goals are achieved.
• Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
• As a member of the Senior Team, contributes to organizational improvement and risk management.
• Consistently demonstrates Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
• Typically reflects eight or more years of relevant experience and three or more years of team member development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree; equivalent training or experience may be accepted in lieu.
• Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
• Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
• Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
• Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
• Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
• Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
• Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.