United Way of Massachusetts Bay/United Way of the Greater Seacoast works to unite communities to create lasting change for people in need. Our work ensures that children enter school ready to learn, stay engaged in learning and graduate able to compete, and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success.
WHY UNITED WAY?
We all want to have the greatest possible impact on our community and the issues that we care about. United Way believes in harnessing the power of people working together to focus on the two foundations of better lives: financial opportunity and educational success. Bringing together diverse groups – individuals, non-profits, companies, and government agencies - is the most effective way to improve the lives of people in need.
LOCATION: Portsmouth, NH
STATUS: Temporary, August 26, 2019 – December 6th (15-week commitment)
The Community Ambassador functions as a member of the Development staff of United Way of Massachusetts Bay/United Way of the Greater Seacoast. With a team of United Way staff and volunteers, Community Ambassadors conduct, manage and monitor assigned corporate and employee campaigns and support the work of the development staff so that maximum results are achieved.
- Manage assigned corporate accounts to raise increased revenue, including: creating campaign timelines, delivering campaign materials, creating reports, tracking results, collecting donor detail, and other administrative duties. Inform United Way staff of progress, challenges, and opportunities throughout the campaign.
- Using skills learned during professional training, develop and execute specific strategies for maximizing performance in each assigned account, with a primary focus on increasing donor gifts, retaining previous donors, and recruiting and engaging new donors.
- Help advance Stewardship efforts by making thank you calls, assisting with the acknowledgment process and reviewing donor lists
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events and volunteer projects
- Create communications for the Seacoast audience such as workplace presentations, campaign emails, blog posts, and agency stories.
- Support full-time staff in achieving work plan goals and complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree preferred; comparable experience considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional fund-raising or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking. Creative writing skills are a plus
- Understanding of the importance of administrative tasks and willingness to complete those tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment preferred.
- Attendance at professional training session August 26, 2019-August 30, 2019
- Applicants must have access to a car.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617-624-9114.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.