THIS POSITION IS ON-SITE IN ALEXANDRIA,VA
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Office serves and supports the President and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and is engaged with a wide array of functions and responsibilities across the organization. This fast-paced team works directly with the CEO, regularly interfaces with the United Way Worldwide executive leadership team as well as United Way network senior executives, staff and volunteers, and manages all aspects of the CEO’s schedule and engagement across and on behalf of this global organization.
Under minimal supervision, the Scheduler to the President & CEO provides high-level content and program management of all engagements, scheduling, and travel support, and performs complex and diverse duties in support of the CEO. Anticipates and initiates actions regarding office operations requiring in-depth knowledge of the organization and other departments. Requires thoughtful resolution of issues in highly varied situations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Interface with: United Way Network volunteers, senior executives, and staff worldwide; national and worldwide nonprofit and corporate senior executives; and other key stakeholders regarding requests for and from the CEO as they relate to CEO’s time, positioning, and participation in various events, meetings, and trips.
- Execute and continually refine protocols and processes for engaging CEO and securing appointments.
- Manage the allocation and use of the CEO’s time that maximize availability and are aligned with the CEO’s priorities and vision by identifying appropriate engagement opportunities, identifying and collaborating with content managers, and producing and/or compiling final preparation/briefing materials for CEO.
- Ensure that all materials needed in preparation for a meeting or other engagement meet the standards for use by the CEO, often requiring editing of and working with staff on meeting objectives and requirements.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, coordinating in detail the logistical arrangements for all meetings and conferences, and managing all aspects of the CEO’s travel arrangements. Travel arrangements include ground and air, coordination of travel documents (visas, passports, etc.), last-minute or mid-trip changes, and coordinating CEO security with the Chief of Staff when foreign travel warrants such arrangements.
- Provide support to the CEO while on travel and limited support for staff traveling with CEO to include logistical coordination and continual communication in real/appropriate time. May require travel on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage Executive Office operating remotely at Network-wide United Way convenings to include providing support for attending Board members as needed.
- Make recommendations to solve highly complex problems requiring research and information from multiple sources or advanced knowledge in a thorough and timely manner. Analysis and interpretation of widely varying situations. Achieve resolution through unique approaches and/or reference to a variety of policies, precedents, and past practices.
- Decision-making guided by varied and less-defined instructions and practices requiring interpretation.
- Deal with confidential issues and information using discretion and excellent judgment.
- Project management and planning of events that involve the CEO. This may require working with staff from various departments to develop the structure and execution of events in addition to the involvement of the CEO, in order to meet the given objectives of the staff to goals of the wider organization. This includes planning meetings and management of staff to develop such events.
- Work with executive communications staff within the Executive Office as well as with the Marketing & Communications staff and other staff as necessary, to develop speeches, presentations, talking points, and other communications by the CEO to meet the objectives of her engagements. Understanding the objectives of an event and working on research and content associated with various engagements to prepare the CEO for her role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or commensurate experience.
- Five years of advanced-level experience in a similar role.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer, and Internet research skills.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters required.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
The salary range for this position is currently $125,000 to $135,000 per year. Proffered salaries are determined by several factors including applicant’s knowledge, skills, experience, position, equity, and market.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.