United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region's mission is to support the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. The proposed VISTA project aligns with the economic opportunity focus area.
GOAL OF THE PROJECT
The Resource Development VISTA will foster long-term sustainability planning and measures for continuation of the project and success thereof. They will expand the capacity of partner nonprofits devoted to creating pathways out of poverty with regards to housing, employment and reducing other barriers that struggling families face. They will be charged with identifying and securing funding to secure the future of the vital Financial Stability Project.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This VISTA member will contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities that will enhance and develop United Way's Financial Stability Project (FSP). Such tasks will include:
- Identifying funding sources that align with Financial Stability Project goals and objectives with a sustainability focused mindset
- Put together an implementation plan to solicit companies for in-kind support with VISTA succession planning and organizational sustainability focused measures
- Responsible for all marketing and promotion of Financial Stability Project with enhanced recruitment in the corporate sector and aligned with a long-term strategy
- Formulate financial sustainability strategy
FIELD OF SERVICE
- Community and Economic Development
- Community Outreach
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health coverage
- Stipend or Living Allowance
- Professional development opportunities
- Car recommended
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Clark at 845-471-1900 x3128
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.