United Way of Olmsted County (UWOC) is a community change organization that fights for the education, health, and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way fights to erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that change lives and transform our community
The Resource Development Specialist recruits, develops, and supports the volunteers who are core to the success of the annual workplace campaign. An annual workplace campaign allows businesses to encourage philanthropic giving through payroll deduction. Understanding the motivation, goals and needs of workplace champion volunteers working within their organization, the Resource Development Specialist assures a successful annual workplace campaign.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with our corporate partners and manage all facets of workplace campaigns to achieve revenue goals
- Recruit and develop campaign volunteers (workplace champions and speakers) so they can be effective advocates
- Complete campaign and grant applications as assigned, including but not limited to Combined Federal Campaign, State of MN campaign, US Bank, Think Mutual Bank
- Organize campaign supply assembly for distribution files (including website) and distribution to workplace champions
- Assist with events as assigned, including corporate engagement events
- Analyze campaigns results and develop strategies for continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to excellence and to providing exemplary customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal, team and customer service skills
- Highly analytical
- Flexible; can change focus and priorities easily; able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Exceptional follow-through
- Proactive, able to anticipate problems and plan solutions
- Strong organization and planning skills
- 3+ years related experience; Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales or non-profit management preferred, but not required; or a comparable combination of experience and education
- Experience with the Association of Fundraising Professionals fundraising model a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- Mission Focused – The United Way Pro’s top priority is to create social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented – The United Way pro understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – The United Way Pro understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven – The United Way Pro is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward – The United Way Pro is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and outlook required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (mail merge and Excel proficiency essential to this position)
- Advanced proficiency with customer relationship management systems and electronic giving platforms preferred.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment (copiers, calculators, fax machines, telephone systems)
Applications will be accepted until June 22, 2021at 5 p.m. Cover letter and resume should be sent to Zeni Aly at email@example.com. If you or anyone else has questions about this position, please reach out to Jennifer directly either via email or phone at 507-202-6114.
Revised June 2021