Position Summary: To provide support to the Vice President of Resource Development in all areas related to implementing and supporting the fundraising initiatives and goals for United Way. Provide a leadership role in Women United and the management of assigned accounts in order to achieve individual, department and company goals. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives Revenue & Impact
- Manage and maintain a list of accounts to encourage business support and achieve United Way goals.
- Utilize the Donation Tracker database to record and track all business engagement.
- Be engaged and cultivate relationships with assigned Chamber of Commerce(s) and/or other community groups to identify qualified donor or campaign leads, to grow relationships to enhance and support achieving goals.
- Direct activities of the assigned Women United chapter(s) to ensure financial success.
Strategic Relationship Building
- Engage donors year-round to nurture and enhance relationships.
- Connect donors’, prospects’ and Women United’s areas of interest directly to United Way’s work and inspire commitment and support for United Way.
- Continuously build and expand the network of donors by being visible and engaged in the community, including Women United.
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve United Way goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Effectively present the United Way message to businesses, employees, Women United and the community.
- Assist with developing new marketing materials to tell the United Way message.
Embracing & Managing Change
- Effectively work with the Vice President of Resource Development, UW Board members, and Campaign Cabinet to implement new and creative strategies for workplace campaigns to support United Way goals.
- Work with UW, Women United and Community Impact volunteers to encourage and support high level of engagement.
Entrepreneurial & Innovative
- Collaborate with other United Ways and the local community to meet organizational goals through special events and Women United.
- Practice effective stewardship by thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, and keeping them apprised of progress on Community Impact work.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or two to five years’ workplace experience.
- Adaptable team player with the aptitude to work with senior management and achieve organizational goals.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a detail for follow up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, to communicate with key stakeholders, peers, and staff.
- Ability to establish contacts with various corporations, businesses and donors.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (minimum of Microsoft software programs).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
1) N/A 2)