PART I: DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position provides support to the Heart of West Michigan United Way Resource Development team. This role fulfills the responsibilities listed below.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing mail initiatives including:
- Corporate mail campaigns
- Individual and Major Gifts mail campaigns
- Specific targeted direct mail pieces
- Manage stewardship process including direct mail and email
- Responsible for mail house vendor relationship
Staff & Volunteer Support
- Support Director of Workplace Campaigns and VP of Donor Strategy with volunteer communications as necessary.
- Prepare preparatory documents/reports for Account Management staff and volunteers.
- Create and manage volunteer training for Resource Development volunteers.
- Collaborate with Director of Workplace Campaigns to identify, order and manage inventory of necessary campaign products/items.
- Ensure that printed materials inventory is stocked & available for staff use.
- Direct preparation and packing of all workplace campaign materials including online material requests from workplace companies.
- Periodic interaction with donors/volunteers via phone and selected meetings for verification and follow up of information.
- Liaison with database management staff for updates and corrections necessary.
- Support the disciplined use of CRM as the primary vehicle for data capture and reporting.
- Research and identify National and GCL campaign results and process accordingly.
- Drive completion of Database 2 Survey.
- Produce campaign analysis tools.
- Monitor Donor ePledge LiveChat.
- Create basic ePledge online giving platforms for workplace campaigns not requiring customization.
In addition, the Coordinator will:
- Support organization events as necessary.
- Collaborate with Operations related to troubleshooting including office machines, etc.
- Assist with organizational and cross-functional projects where necessary.
- Participate in departmental and organizational meetings as required.
PART II: SCOPE
Direction of Others:
As assigned to include volunteers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Moderate to high level of analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Direction of others – no direct reports, volunteers as assigned.
Independent Judgment and Consequence of Errors:
- High level of independent thinking and judgment.
- High level of decision making.
- Personal initiative in achieving team and organizational goals.
PART III: QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s level degree preferred.
- Two+ years of customer service/administrative experience and/or sales experience a plus.
- Extremely effective verbal and written communication skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Experience leveraging a high level of attention to detail, organizational skills and accuracy.
- Ability to understand complex organizations and systems and ability to work in harmony with peers, and as an active team member.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be adaptable to support continuous change
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of customer relationship management systems, electronic giving and information exchange, and Microsoft Office software programs.
PART IV: WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Moderate level of physical activity during campaign season.
- Ability to lift, carry, move up to 25lbs.
- Requires extensive periods of time at a computer.
- Work outside of normal business hours will be required from time to time.
- Reasonable accommodations will be met for varying abilities.
*All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter*