Job Title: Resource Development Operations Specialist
Reporting to: Vice President of Resource Development
Exempt OR Non-exempt: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
United Way of Olmsted County is a community change organization that fights for the education, health, and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way fights to erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that change lives and transform our community.
The Resource Development Operations Specialist is charged with data management and ePledge campaigns, account management and support, project coordination and operational support to the Resource Development and Finance teams. This position performs work that is critical to the field staff’s ability to focus its efforts outward and spend more face-to-face time with donors and corporate partners, and to the organization’s effectiveness in collecting, maintaining, and utilizing data effectively.
United Way of Olmsted County is committed to advancing equity in its work. Equity seeks to undo discrimination and bias to create a just and fair society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We invite applications from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. People of all races, ethnicities, genders, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the Andar database including, but not limited to updating and adding customer data and accounts in Andar database, producing reports as requested by the RD and Finance Team, and utilizing database for more customization opportunities for constituents.
- Responsible for ePledge campaigns including updates to messaging and layout to bring sites to production and software support to donors, companies and staff.
- Manage the acknowledgement process of donors, including Caring Club program (recruitment of businesses and card production/mailing).
- Manage resource development inventory and supply orders.
- Responsible for campaign supply assembly, files (including website) and distribution as needed.
- Support RD Team with annual campaign and resource development activities as needed.
- Provide support services in coordination of direct mail projects and other projects as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate all corporate engagement activities.
- Seek out and demonstrate strategic thinking and initiative to effectively analyze results and drive quality improvements.
- Develop innovative methods for successful fundraising while supporting the current model, including technology solutions and web-based fund development systems.
- Mission Focused – The United Way Pro’s top priority is to create social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented – The United Way pro understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – The United Way Pro understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven – The United Way Pro is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward – The United Way Pro is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Additional Competencies and Required Skills:
- Commitment to excellence and to providing exemplary customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal, team and customer service skills
- Highly analytical
- Flexible; can change focus and priorities easily; able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Exceptional follow-through
- Proactive, able to anticipate problems and plan solutions
- Strong organization and planning skills
Education, Experience, and Training Required for this Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree; or a comparable combination of experience and education
- Three (3) years’ experience in a business/corporate environment
- Project management experience a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and outlook required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (mail merge and Excel proficiency essential to this position)
- Advanced proficiency with customer relationship management systems and electronic giving platforms preferred
- Proficiency with standard office equipment (copiers, calculators, fax machines, telephone systems)