United Way of Southern Maine
Position Title: Resource Development Operations Coordinator
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Director, Corporate Engagement
Date: February 2023
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Engagement, this position serves as the central “hub” of coordination for UWSM’s workplace giving campaign. In addition, it provides critical logistics and project management support to the Resource Development team.
Additionally, the Coordinator manages a portfolio of UWSM corporate partner accounts which involves support and coordination of workplace campaigns to drive fundraising results as part of the larger United Way Campaign. A majority of the Coordinator’s role is internally-focused to support the Corporate Engagement team. However, it does include a portion of direct external engagement with corporate partners and their supporters.
- Serves as UWSM’s digital giving coordinator to ensure staff and volunteers are sufficiently trained to promote and expand UWSM’s digital giving platform in support of its annual campaign.
- Project manages the annual process of successfully bringing online UWSM workplace giving partners onto its digital giving platform “StratusLive.”
- Serves as overseer of key milestones associated with the United Way Campaign year, ensuring timely “starts” of specific processes across the year, such as goal-setting, by the annual plan.
- Prepares and ensures timely, personalized gift acknowledgment for UWSM’s supporters.
- Provides logistical support for UWSM donor engagement events in partnership with the organization’s events team and Marketing department.
- Serves as a “super user” for UWSM’s CRM platform, StratusLive, by assisting and helping train staff on best practices and functionality of the platform to achieve annual goals.
- Assists with records management and data hygiene within the CRM platform.
- Manages donor-giving reports and related functions provided to UWSM by third-party donation software used by UWSM’s corporate partners.
- Maintains and manages a small portfolio of workplace and corporate giving accounts and is accountable for meeting associated revenue targets in coordination with UWSM’s Corporate Engagement team.
- Performs general administrative tasks, including such activities such as generating, editing, and posting documents, coordinating large mailings, preparing personalized pledge cards and thank-you letters through mail merge, creating leadership packets for corporate campaigns and / or individual donors as requested; troubleshooting problems with administrative processes, and identifying opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Schedules internal and external meetings, attends meetings and takes minutes, supports any pre-work needed, and prepares materials, including follow-up documents.
- Performs general administrative tasks under the direction of the Director of Corporate Engagement, which includes but is not limited to supporting Campaign Cabinet Meetings, Surveys for Cabinet and ECMs, CEO visit correspondence with the Campaign Cabinet Chair, etc.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years experience required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, or equivalent in experience preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission and values of United Way of Southern Maine.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and experience working with databases required.
- Prior experience working with a CRM system required (e.g., Salesforce, Blackbaud, etc.).
- Demonstrated project management experience involving multiple deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent written skills and demonstrated ability to proofread and copy edit.
- Ability to manage telephone and in-person communication with strong customer skills, including discretion and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate tasks and to be creative in problem-solving.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Self-confident, professional manner, with sound judgment and discretion in managing confidential information essential.
- Willingness to support internal staff peers and external stakeholders simultaneously.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Therefore, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Normal office hours are 8:30 AM-5 PM; frequent additional events and meetings outside of normal business hours as necessary, including 7:30 AM meetings and evening events. At UWSM, we are focused on creating connections within the Southern Maine community. Our current hybrid model is focused on doing just that, requiring our team members to spend 16 hours per week creating connections. Examples of creating connections include office time, external meetings/gatherings, training, volunteer engagement events, and even a cup of coffee with an internal/external partner.
Local travel in Southern Maine is limited and typically seasonal during business days with partners.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Why choose United Way of Southern Maine?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time and creating community change that benefits every community member. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, families are financially stable, and people are healthy.
We have a staff of 45 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Southern Maine offers:
- Convenient and central Portland and Kennebunk locations with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program Access
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- An excellent team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community.
United Way of Southern Maine is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities and encouraging persons of all diversity types to apply.
United Way of Southern Maine has identified a set of Core Values as our essential tenets. These define and describe who United Way of Southern Maine will endeavor to be in internal and external situations.
At United Way of Southern Maine, we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Applications are accepted through March 31st, 2023. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cameron Peden at firstname.lastname@example.org